For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
The Brother printer driver is an unavailable issue is one of the most complicated ones that suggest that the driver that you have installed is either not compatible or is outdated.
This issue is quite common among all the Brother printer users. The driver unavailable error strikes with an error note on the screen that says “Unable to find the driver, need to close”.
So, if you are one of those hopeless and in want of some permanent solution to resolve this error, then you have arrived at the right spot.
In this content, we will explore all the prime causes and the effective hacks to resolve the Brother printer driver is not available issue as soon as possible.
Causes for Brother Printer Driver Unavailable Issue:
If you are encountering Brother printer driver is an unavailable issue, then this might be happening due to several faults.
If you are using an outdated version of the driver software for your Brother printer, then it might result in the driver not available issue.
A corrupted driver or the improper installation of the driver will also cause this issue on your Brother printer.
Sometimes, the outdated OS version or the corrupted ones can also result in this driver unavailable issue.
But thankfully, we have got some amazing hacks to terminate this issue by implementing some cool hacks that we will discuss in the next verse.
Effective Methods to Resolve Brother Printer Driver Unavailable:
Have a look at these marvelous solutions listed below in order to solve the Brother printer driver is an unavailable issue.
You can perform all the solutions stated below to check if the issue is all settled.
Method 1: Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer Driver
If you are working on a wrecked version of the printer driver or if the driver is outdated, then you can undoubtedly meet this driver unavailable error on your computer.
Hence, you need to uninstall the outdated driver. You can try the tricks listed below to do so.
Step 1: Uninstall the Printer Driver
- In the beginning, turn on the computer and launch the Run Command box by tapping the Windows+R key on the keyboard at the same time.
- After that, type Control inside the box and hit the Enter key to invoke the Control Panel window.
- Now, find the Devices and Printers title from the left pane of the screen and agree on that.
- Once the page opens, locate the printer driver that is causing the problem and right-click on that.
- Select the Remove Device option from the list that appears and click on the OK button to confirm the process.
- After that, close all the Windows and again invoke the Run Command by doing the same as discussed in step 1.
- Now, this time type “devmgmt.msc” into the Search bar and tap the Enter button to open the action.
- Navigate the Print Queues option from the middle of the screen and right-click on that.
- Select the Uninstall option from the list and then click on the OK button to confirm the process.
- After that, again close all the tabs and invoke the Run command box.
- This time, type “appwiz.cpl” into the search pane and locate the printer’s driver there in the list.
- Right-click on the application and select the Uninstall option to complete the task.
After successfully uninstalling the service from your computer, you need to install the fresh version from the web to get the printing service back on your Brother printer.
Step 2: Reinstall the Latest Driver Manually from the Web
Once you have uninstalled the driver, now you need to reinstall the drivers back on your device to get the printer in a working state as earlier.
Following are some hacks discussed below to do so.
- After successfully completing all the above steps discussed in method 1, open a web browser.
- After that, drive to the manufacturer’s website of your printer and locate the Drivers Application section.
- Click on that section and then a new window will open with all the models of that brand.
- Select the model that you are using and also select the model number of your printer.
- Select the Windows OS and the bit (Like 32-bit or 64-bit) and click on the OK button below the screen.
- Click on the Download button to begin the downloading process.
After the download is completed, drive to the Download folder and double-click the application driver you have downloaded recently.
- When the Installation box appears on the next screen, click on the Run button and then on the Next button.
- Now, tick the Checkbox that asks you to “Accept all the Terms and conditions”.
- Further, click on the Next button consistently until the application starts installing.
- At last, click on the Finish button to complete the task and then simply close all the tabs.
After installing the latest driver back on your computer, restart the device manually and see if the issue is eliminated.
If still, the Windows is showing the printer driver is unavailable, try another solution discussed below.
Method 2: Update the Windows Operating System Manually from Control Panel
If all these methods fail, then you need to renew the Windows OS as new to resolve this issue permanently.
You can follow the steps given below to succeed in the task.
- At first, turn on the computer and locate the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu at the left-bottom corner.
- Open the Control Panel and locate the Windows Update tab from the very bottom of the screen.
- Now, click on the Check for Updates option on the very bottom of the list.
- This will start checking if there any latest update is available for your computer.
- If the computer finds any update, simply click on the application and click on the Install button below the screen.
- When the installation is completed, click on the Run button and then click on the Install button to complete the task.
After successfully installing the latest OS version on your computer, restart the computer and you are no longer affected by any issues regarding the driver not found.
In The End
Here we have discussed all the effective hacks to resolve if the computer says Brother printer driver is unavailable.
Hope the above sections was profitable enough to assist you on how to fix the printer driver unavailable issue.
In case, the issue still survives or the above-mentioned methods doesn’t act, then there might be some other hardware issues with the device. Else you have done something mistake while performing those steps.
You can also opt to consult with a hardware expert to get back the printing service on your Brother printer.