For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
While using a Canon printer, you can encounter various types of errors. And the Error 6A80 is one of them. Usually, the Canon printer error 6A80 is caused by simple software misconfigurations and minor unwanted changes within the settings.
However, in some situations, this error is created by major hardware problems as well. Now, if you are one of those users who is facing this error in your Canon printer, then follow this article.
Here, we have provided all the possible solutions to fix this error at the earliest. Now, without wasting any time, let’s have a look at the recovery methods.
Major Causes of the Canon Printer Error 6A80
There are several problematic factors that can create Error 6A80 in a printer. Have a look at a few of the basic reasons that can prompt such an error message.
- Dirty print head resting sponges.
- Lose ink absorbing pads.
- Print head blockage issue.
- Improper printing setting
- Faulty hardware parts.
Now, that you are acquainted with the reasons, let’s have a look at the solutions
Effective Solutions to Solve Canon Printer Error 6A80
In order to remove this error from your Canon printer, you need to follow some simple and straightforward solutions. Have a look at them and try to execute them as instructed.
Clean the Resting Sponge
This error can occur in your Canon printer due to the Print head resting sponges. Sometimes, those sponges get dirty and fail to print documents. Thus, generating this error. Now, to clean up those sponges, follow the given steps.
- Open the lid of your Canon printer and go to the print head resting place. There you will two small sponges.
- Use a paper tissue to clean them up and then push those sponges down to place them properly.
Once you have done that, restart your Canon printer and verify the status of the error.
Remove the Print Head Blockage Issue
Sometimes, this error may come up if the Print Head gets blocked due to ink cartridges. And to remove it you need to clear the blockage. Now, if you need appropriate methods, follow the given steps.
- Turn Off your Canon printer and verify that the ink carriage returns to the docked position.
- Then, remove the affected ink cartridge from your printer and turn it upside-down.
- After doing that, gently clean the print head with a moist cotton swab.
- Now, return the ink cartridge to its respective place and then turn On the printer.
Once you have done that, run the Automatic Cleaning Utility in your printer. After the Cleaning Utility finishes its task, try to run Print Test on your printer and verify the status of the issue.
Force Restart the Printer
In few cases, users are able to remove this error from their Canon printer by force restarting it. Now, if you want to try the same thing on your printer then follow the given steps.
- Turn Off your printer and disconnect all the cables.
- Then, press the 1 + 2+ 3 + 4 button simultaneously. To do that use all four fingers.
- Keep pressing those button for 10 seconds and then releases the 4th button or On/Off button. But keep holding the other three.
- After a few seconds, turn On your Canon printer and then release the other three.
Now, try to run Print Test on your Canon printer and check whether the error is removed or not.