For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Several Canon users receive the “Canon printer not responding” notification on their Windows 10 device when they try to print any documents.
Once the error notification pops up on the display, users cannot print any documents. Apart from these, there are other problems that occur.
There are various factors responsible for this issue. But, some of the most common ones include outdated Printer Driver, incorrect setup, etc. Any antivirus application can also interfere with the Canon printer and as a result, such kind of problem occurs.
If you are currently going through the same error with your Canon printer, then the following methods will help you out. Here, on this page, we have managed to provide some easy troubleshooting methods to overcome this issue.
Hence, keep reading and follow the methods.
Useful Hacks to Resolve Canon Printer not Responding Windows 10
There are a lot of ways by which you can resolve the matter. But, here, we have only mentioned those fixes that are tried and tested by experts.
Thus, follow these workarounds carefully and implement them in the same order as instructed to get the best result possible.
Perform Some Basic Troubleshooting
Before you drive to the more technical method, first, you require to eliminate the basic potential culprits from the list. This way, you can ensure that the Canon printer is properly connected.
If you use a USB Cable to Connect to the Canon Printer:
- At first, you need to check whether the cable is properly connected. If not, then you have to remove all the cables and then re-connect them into the right ports.
- After that, using a hub, attach your Canon printer to your Windows 10 device.
- Now, try to connect the cable into the other USB port on your Windows 10 device to verify if it works.
- Furthermore, you have to try another cable and see if there is an issue with that.
If you use a Network Printer:
- First of all, check the network connection for both the PC and Printer.
- After that, look for the network connection status.
- If your printer is using the wired connection, then remove the cable and then re-connect them again. Moreover, if needed, replace the cable.
- For a wireless printer, you have to connect your printer to the home or office network connection.
If you Connect your Canon Printer via Bluetooth:
- Be sure that your printer is close to your Windows-based device.
- Moreover, try to pair your printer with the device again and check whether the error resolves.
Run the Printer Troubleshooter
Printer Troubleshooter is a built-in tool that can resolve various errors. Some of the users claim that they efficiently resolved all the printer related issues by running the Printer Troubleshooter.
Therefore, run this troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue.
At first, locate the Windows logo key and press it along with the R key. This process will bring up the Run dialog box. Type “Troubleshooting” in it and press the Enter button or choose the OK button.
Now, the Printer Troubleshooter will open. Thereafter, choose the Printer option from the drop-down menu and search for the “Run The Troubleshooter” option.
Once you find it, right-click on it to proceed. Now, follow the online instructions to complete the troubleshooting process. Once it is done, restarts your device and verify whether the error is still there or not.
Uninstall the Drivers of the Canon Printer using DELDRV64.EXE (Applicable only for wireless connection)
At first, press the Windows key along with R. It will invoke the Run box. Now, write “DELDRV64.EXE” command and hit Enter or choose the OK button. This will initiate the Canon’s uninstaller.
Now, you need to follow the on-screen prompts to remove the drivers from the Windows-based device. Reboot your device to apply the new changes.
Once the device restarts, ensure that the printer is connected with a secure network. Now, you need to go to the official website of Canon. Then, download and install the appropriate Printer Driver.
Once it is done, invoke the currently downloaded driver installed and follow the online instructions to complete the further process. Now, hit the Restart button in order to save all the new changes on your PC.
Enable the Network Discovery
If you have come to this far without getting any result, then check this one. Enable the Network Discovery with these steps:
Basically, Network Discovery is an important network setting. Sometimes, Windows Firewall restricts Network Discovery and thus, you find Canon printer not working with Windows 10.
- Open the Start menu and then write “Control” into the search field.
- Then, press the Enter button or click on the OK button.
- Now, go to the Control Panel window and navigate to the “Network and Internet” section.
- Here, in the “Network and Internet” section, look for the option “Network and Sharing Center.” Once you find it, right-click on it and tap on the “Advanced Sharing Settings.”
- Now, check whether the “Network Discovery” option is disabled or not. If it is disabled, then you have to press the radio button in order to enable the Network Discovery.
Use the Print Spooler Service
Furthermore, you can also resolve the matter by using the print spooler service. To do so, you can go through these steps:
Step 1: Firstly, go to the Start button and then tap on the Run box. Write “Services” into the box and hit the Enter key or choose the OK button.
Step 2: Now, you will find the Services options, simply tap on it. Here, you require to locate the print Spooler Service from the list. Once you locate it, simply tap on “Print Spooler Service”.
Step 3: After that, choose its Properties from the menu list. Now, navigate to the General tab. Here, in the General tab, find out the “Automatic” button. Now, ensure that the “Automatic” button is checked under the Startup Type.
Step 4: If the services are working, then hit Start which is located under the services. Lastly, apply the new changes on your device by hitting the OK button.
Install the Latest Windows Updates
After performing the above methods, if you are still stuck with the same error, then install the latest Windows updates. This will eliminate any kind of compatibility issue.
To proceed with the method, carry out the under mentioned steps:
- At first, go to the ‘Settings’ app.
- Then, navigate to the ‘Update and Security’ section.
- Here, in this section, hit the ‘Check For Updates.’
Once you perform this task, Windows will search for the latest versions. If the latest version is available, then it will automatically download in the background.
When it is done, reboot your device.
In the above section, we have enlisted some of the effective workarounds to get rid of the Canon printer error. If you fail to successfully perform al the steps, then contact professionals.
Opting for technical support to overcome this error is indeed a wise choice.