For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
What are the Most Common Epson Printer Error Codes and How to Fix them?
Printers have given us freedom from manual efforts for making copies, but sometimes they can annoy to a great extent when they encounter issues like error codes. All you get to see is a small message indicating number along with a one-line text which only an expert can understand who has relevant experience in handling Epson printer error codes issues. There is no doubt that Epson is one of the most established brands in the printing industry, but any gadget can collapse with time. Here mostly due to lack of knowledge, users directly start searching for an Epson printer repair service provider by typing “Epson printer repair near me” in their browser without even knowing that they can fix these error codes on their own.
You only need some basic technical knowledge and patience to resolve Epson printer errors. Below I have mentioned some remedies along with the description of error codes in all the series of Epson printers. Here you need to make sure that the solutions are applied in the same manner in which they are written as any deviation from a procedure can affect the result.
Epson AcuLaser Series
A) Code: 6030
pressure roller high-temperature error
When the temperature of a heat roller does not reach a specified value for 22 to 40 seconds after the warm-up is started, then this error arises. Sometimes.
- Check the connection between a fusing unit and connector
- Now remove the fusing unit and install it again
Analyze if the heater lamp 1 (H1), 2 (H2) light is on when you turn on the printer. If it is off, then you have to replace the fusing unit.
B) Code: 6034
Multiple manual feeder pusher errors
While loading papers a printer detects the MPT push-up tray position. If the output of the manual tray upper position sensor (PC15) does not change even when the stipulated amount of time has passed, then it indicates that the MPT push-up plate is abnormal.
- If the manual tray does not push paper to the paper load roller, then arrange the papers on the manual tray.
- 2 If the manual tray paper load roller one-way clutch does not have the claws, then replace the one-way clutch gear. If it has the claws, then replace the manual tray paper load solenoid.
C) Code: 0060
It is a fusing motor malfunction error which shows up in the printer like this:
“Fusing motor (M4) Print control board (PRCB)”
It happens when the fusing motor does not rotate evenly even when the given period has lapsed. In such condition, the motor lock signal remains HIGH for a period of consecutive time while the fusing motor rotates.
- Check the M4 connector for eliminating connection errors
- Analyze the fuser unit driving mechanism and look for possible overload 3 Check the PRCB connector for proper connection
Epson Artisan Series
A) Code: 05
It is a paper jam error in which you will find some papers stuck in the scanner unit.
It happens when the paper remains in the path even when it is ejected.
Here you need to replace the waste ink tray assy and lower paper guide waste ink pad assy. After doing this, you need to reset the waste ink counter.
B) Code: 09
This error indicates no ink cartridge in the printer. It will tell you to install the mentioned cartridge.
This error occurs when the I/C of the printer is not set.
- If the Memory chip on the ink cartridge is disconnected or damaged, then you have to replace it.
- 2, Connect the CSIC FFC correctly
- Replace the CSIC Assy if it is damaged
C) Code: 17
It is a duplex unit related error
When the printer fails to detect the duplex unit, then users encounter this problem. Majorly a jammed paper or duplex unit sensor failure creates this issue.
- Install the duplex unit correctly
- Check if the duplex unit sensor is connected or not and if it is damaged then replace it.
- If jammed paper is the reason, then remove the duplex unit by opening the cover, and then take out the jammed paper. Now leave the printer ON and reinstall the unit.
- Replace the PE sensor if it is damaged
Epson ME Office Series
A) Code: 06
This error generates when the printer is low on ink and needs replacement. It is known as Ink end error.
It appears due to low Ink in some I/C.
- Install the ink cartridge correctly
- Look for memory chip and check if it is connected accurately. Also, check if it is chipped or not.
- Analyze if the dead FFC is connected to the connector on the CSIC Board.
B) Code: 12
It is a DSC direct error. In this, the printer fails to recognize the device
This error arises when an unsupported device is connected to the port for establishing a connection to external memory devices. In such situation, the DSC needs more current than the mechanical limit.
- Replace the USB Cable if it is damaged
- Check and Verify whether the digital camera is compatible with the printer. If not then install a consistent option.
C) Code: 01
It is a communication error which will display in the printer like this:
“LED Power: – LED Paper: – LED Ink: -“
When the panel FFC is not connected to the panel board, then this error comes up. Sometimes a faulty panel board can also create this issue.
- Connect the panel FFC to the panel board and main board connectors.
- Check the panel FFC for damages and replace it if it was damaged.
- Connect the cable of the power supply board to the main board connector CN60 if they are not attached.
- Insert the blue colored pin of the power supply board connector cable into the 1 Pin of the Main Board connector.
Epson PictureMate Series
A) Code: 08
It is a communication error where the printer is not able to communicate with the computer.
It can happen due to a damaged AC adapter cable, failed connection of Panel FFC to CN1 connector, damaged panel board or main board, faulty battery, etc.
- Replace the AC adaptor or the cable with a new one if it is damaged
- Connect the panel FFC to the panel board and main board connectors if they are not connected properly.
- Replace the Panel FFC if it is malfunctioned
- Charge the battery if it has not collapsed but if it has failed the replace it.
- Replace the main board if it is damaged
B) Code: 09
This error is a fatal one for your printer. When this error occurs, your printer will suggest you see the documentation.
By nature, this error generates when the damage is irrecoverable. Majorly it happens because of the damaged main board or CR motor. Sometimes a faulty connection between them can also be responsible for this.
- Check the Main Board for damage and replace it if needed
- Check if the CR Motor cable is connected to CN2 connector on the main board or not
- Replace the CR Motor if it is damaged.
C) Code: 05
It is a photo cartridge out the error and below is the displayed quote which will show in the printer when it encounters this issue:
“Photo cartridge not installed. Open cartridge cover, then insert a cartridge.”
It generally happens when the cover is closed without a photo cartridge.
- Correctly install the Ink Cartridge
- Check the memory chip on the cartridge and see if it is chipping or any other damage has occurred
- Replace the ink cartridge with a new one.
- Check if the tension spring 1.46 is disengaged. If yes then attach the tension spring 1.46 to the tabs.
Epson Stylus Series
A) Code: 13
It is a memory card error in which the printer does not recognize the memory card or disk and asks you to format it.
It can happen due to compatibility issues, damage card, or wrongly inserted card in a slot
- Check the version of your memory card and see if it is compatible with your printer
- Replace the card if it is damaged
- Check if a memory card is inserted into the right slot without using the adaptor.
- Review if the memory card slot pins on the main board are bent or broken. If yes then replace it.
B) Code: 14
This error occurs when there is no index sheet, or it is not accurately positioned. Generally, it shows itself with the name of Index sheet error 1 which is code 14.
The reason behind it can be the opposite direction of the order sheet. Sometimes printer also fails to recognize the index sheet correctly which can lead you to this error.
- Close the document cover if it is open
- Set the Index Sheet correctly
- Check if the Index Sheet’s standard position is clean or not
- Reprint the index sheet if it is not clean
- Clean the document glass.
C) Code: 15
It is a remaining maintenance media error. The test which will display in the printer is as follows:
“Remove the CD/DVD from the tray to carry out maintenance, then press the [CD tray] button.”
When the CD or DVD tray is not clean, or there are some stains on PW sensor, then this error shows up. Sometimes faulty carriage unit can also be responsible for this issue.
- Clean the PW sensor area properly
- Connect the PW sensor connector cable to the connector of the PW sensor and CR Encoder board
- Replace the PW Sensor connector cable if it is damaged
- Replace the Carriage Unit if it has malfunctioned
- Clean the marking of the CDR Tray
- Install the CDR tray correctly
Epson SureColor Series
A) Code: 1101
It is a CR life error which generates when the CR scan pass counter has reached the specified lifetime limit. It indicates that the INK TUBES have reached the end of their service life.
Counter issues of the ink tube or faulty ink tube can be the reason behind this error.
- Replace the ink tubes if it is damaged
- Reset the counter of the ink tube
B) Code: 1125
It is a CR HP detection error in which the CR HP SENSOR fails to detect the CR UNIT or the unit fails to recognize the sensor.
It can happen due to CR HP SENSOR failure, false apprehension of the home due to a paper jam or any other obstacle and misreading of CR SCALE.
- Replace the CR HP SENSOR if it has failed
- Re-install the CR ENCODER and if it has malfunctioned then replace it
- Clean the CR SCALE by applying ethanol
- Replace the CR SCALE if it has collapsed
- Replace the CR Lock if not working properly
C) Code: 1A39
It is a head error. In this, the electric parts get damaged due to improper head FFC connection
It can come up due to connection failure of the Head FFC. It can also damage electrical parts or components if the connection is improper of Head FFC connection. Sometimes a damaged drive circuit in the printhead can also trigger this error.
- Replace the Head FFC if it is malfunctioned
- Replace the printhead
- Replace the main board
Epson Stylus Pro Series
A) Code: 122A
It is an overload error
The reason behind this error can be the overflow of the current to the PF MOTOR, the cable of PF ENCODER is damaged, irregular load and PF ENCODER or PF MOTOR failure
- Replace the PF ENCODER
- Replace the MAIN BOARD
B) Code: 122B
This error is an over speed error
When the PF MOTOR is driven at a speed faster than a predetermined one during deceleration, then this error occurs. It can also happen due to irregular load, PF ENCODER failure, damaged SUB-B BOARD and PF MOTOR driver failure
- Replace the PF ENCODER.
- Replace the SUB-B BOARD
- Replace the MAIN BOARD.
C) Code: 00010000
It is a PF encoder check error. When you encounter this error, then the printer stops operation as it fails to detect the encoder pulse signals at intervals of the specified time during the power-on initialization operation or while the PF Motor is driving.
The reasons behind this error are as follows:
- The PF Encoder connector is disconnected
- The PF Motor connector is not connected, or the harness is broken
- The wiring of the A and B phases are wrong
- The wiring of the motor is faulty
- The PF Motor has shorted out.
- The PF Motor kept rotating abnormally.
- The fuse for the motor driver has blown
- The Main Board has damaged, and +42V/+24V remote control is broken
- The Power Supply Board is damaged
- Clean all the dirt or paper dust on the loop scale and check if it is damaged or not
- Reconnect the PF Encoder connector or the PF Motor connector
- Adjust the PF Timing Belt Tension
- Replace the PF Encoder sensor
- Replace the PF MOTOR ASSY
- Replace the BOARD ASSY
Epson B Series
A) Code: 09
It is a communication error which shows up like this in a printer
“Power: -.Error: -. Ink: -. LAN(Orange): -. LAN(Green): -.”
When the printer fails to communicate with the system accurately, then this error comes up.
- Correctly connect the panel FFC to CN1 on the Panel Board
- Replace the panel FFC if it is damaged
- Replace the panel board if it has malfunctioned
- Connect the power supply unit cable to CN4 on the main board
- Replace the power supply unit if it has damaged
B) Code: 08
This error is a double feed error. In the printer it shows like this:
Power: -.Error: -. Ink: Light. LAN(Orange): -. LAN(Green): -.
It happens when you feed multiple pages at once into the printer. Sometimes wrong size paper can also be the reason behind it.
- Set the extension spring to retard between the retard roller unit and the ASF frame
- Check whether the paper-back lever is operating correctly or not.
- Adjust the extension spring 6.45 between the ASF frame and the paper-back lever
C) Code: 06
It is an incorrect ink cartridge error. Which displays in the printer like this:
“Power: -.Error: -. Ink: Light. LAN(Orange): -. LAN(Green): -.”
When the ink cartridges are not detected, then this error occurs. Sometimes when ink is out in some ink cartridges then also you can encounter it.
- Check whether the ink cartridge is installed correctly or not
- Connect the memory chip if it is disconnected or not chipped
- Connect the head FFC to the connector on the CSIC Board
- Replace the CSIC board if it has damaged
With the help of remedies mentioned above, you can quickly get rid of all the problems related to Epson error codes. However, if you still face issues then contacting Epson technical support at will be a wise decision as now only an expert who has handled and given Epson printer problems and solutions will be able to help you. Today you can find many options by just typing “Epson printer repair near me” in your browser as several service providers are nowadays giving 24×7 support.
[…] ALSO READ: What are the Most Common Epson Printer Error Codes and How to Fix them? […]
[…] might be a bit surprising for you to know that most printer error codes and messages disappear once you restart the machine. Follow the steps mentioned below to […]