For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Best Epson Printer Troubleshooting Methods
In an Epson printer, there are several issues that you may face during your day to day usage. However, it is quite tough to cover all the possible issues of an Epson printer in a single article. That’s why. in this article, we will be discussing the most common issues of an Epson printer and the best ways to resolve them. To know about those Epson printer troubleshooting methods and tricks keep following this article till the end. Now without wasting any time, let’s get onto it.
Most Common Problems with the Epson Printer
In this section, we have provided some of the key problems of an Epson printer. Have a look at them.
- An improper connection between the Epson printer and the system
- Printer stops printing suddenly
- Paper Jam or common hardware setting mistakes
- Setup issue.
Now, as you have identified all the common problems of an Epson printer, now let’s have a look at their troubleshooting ways.
Common Epson Printer Troubleshooting Methods
There are many ways by which you can resolve all the common problems of an Epson printer. However, only a few of them will give you an effective result. In this section of this article, we have provided some of the best Epson printer troubleshooting methods. Have a look at them and try to execute them as instructed.
The Epson Printer is Cleaning itself
While printing, if the Epson printer stops working unexpectedly then the first thing you should check is the Pause light. If that light is flashing then it means the printer is performing a maintenance task. During this task, the Epson printer primarily cleanup up its printing head. However, in some situations, the printer may work on the ink changing or ink drying process. These things are some of the most important maintenance tasks that an Epson printer has to do in order to keep itself active and working. Therefore, you should not interfere with these types of maintenance tasks and wait until the printer resumes the printing process.
Common Epson Printer Error Messages
Now, instead of flashing light if the printer shows any error messages on the LCD display, then it clearly indicates that the printer is facing some issue and the user needs to fix that in order to restart the printing process. In this section, we have provided some common error messages on an Epson printer with their troubleshooting methods. Have a look at those error message in order to identify and resolve them on your Epson printer.
- UNABLE TO PRINT
This error may appear on your Epson printer if you try to print patterns to check the nozzle or the head alignment. To fix this problem, first, you have to stop this test from the TEST PRINT MENU. Then check the LCD display of the printer in order to verify about other possible causes of this issue. If you don’t find anything, then try to print patterns again to verify the existence of the issue.
- MNT TK NEAR FULL
This error message points towards the maintenance tank of the Epson printer. After a certain period of time, the maintenance tank of the printers gets full and the users need to change it in order to fix the printer. To perform this change, check the manual book provided or visit the official website of Epson printers
- INK LOW and INK OUT
The Ink Low and Ink Out error messages means the ink cartridge of the printer is nearly empty and the users need to replace it with a new one in order to restart printing.
- REMOVE PAPER
If the user feeds the wrong size or width of papers in their Epson printer, then this error message will come up on the LCD display. In order to fix this problem, users need to remove those papers and load a new and correct batch of papers. Now, to verify the proper size and width of papers, check the manual book or specifications of the printer.
- NOZZLES STILL CLOGGED
In some situations, the nozzles of an Epson printer may get clogged due to excessive use. And on those instances, the users can get this error message on the LCD display. Now, to fix this problem, you need to run the Head Cleaning utility on your system and to do that follow the steps below.
- First, make sure the printer is turned on and all the ink check lights are off.
- Then, run the Head Cleaning utility on your system and click on the Head Cleaning option.
- After that, you need to follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete this process.
- Once the process gets completed, click on the Print Nozzle Check Pattern option in the Head Cleaning dialog box to check whether the nozzles are cleaned or not. If yes, then reset the cleaning cycle. However, if the nozzles are not cleaned, then move to the next step.
- Go to the Control panel of the Epson printer and find and select the Pwr Cleaning option. Then press the OK button. You will get this option in the Settings menu.
- Now, repeat this procedure four or five times and then turn off the printer. Leave it alone overnight and then re-try the head cleaning process.
But if the printer doesn’t start working this time, then you should check the ink cartridges. In certain situations, users have found that the Nozzles still Clogged error code appears on their printer because of old or damaged ink cartridges. And it is quite possible the same thing is happening on your Epson printer.
- MNT REQ nnnn and SERVICE REQ nnnnnnnn
Now, if you encounter these error messages on your Epson printer, then you should contact a technical expert as soon as possible. These error messages literally mean that the printer is facing some serious hardware issues and would require professional help in order to get fixed.
Recheck the Connections between System and Epson Printer
Most of the times, a user encounters different types of connection and software issues while setting up the Epson printer for the first time or while reconnecting it with another system. Now, if you face some issue while setting up your Epson printer, then follow the given instructions to fix them.
- If the issue is during setup, the first thing you should do is find and install the latest Epson printer drivers on the system. This will help you resolve all the major software problems of the printer. To get those printer drivers, visit the Epson support website.
- After that, update the firmware of the Epson printer.
- Then, check the print list in the control panel and remove all those lists which are full.
- Now, the last thing you need to verify is your firewall and antivirus applications settings. Most of the time, those applications block the connection between the printer and system in order to avoid any virus attacks. Now, to remove this connection blockage, users need to manually tweak the settings of those applications. To know more about this connection blockage removal process, visit the official website of the antivirus applications.
If the solutions mentioned in the above steps is unable to help you, then check the following things.
- First, you need to check whether your system is turning off the wireless adapter to save power.
- Then check your firewall and antivirus application to verify any type of communication error.
- After that, investigate the Network settings of your Epson printer in order to find any missing information or incorrect I.P. address.
Now, if the above-mentioned stuff are properly working then you need to analyze the hardware end of the Epson printer to locate any issue which is causing network errors in your printer.
- Verify and ensure that both ends of the USB cable are firmly inserted. Now, if your printer is connected via network cable like Ethernet or wireless connection like Wi-Fi, then re-check their settings.
- If the USB cable is not showing any signal in the first port of your system, then plug it into the other USB ports.
- Now, even after changing the USB ports, if your printer is still showing the same network error, then it’s quite possible that your USB cable is faulty. To check this, try to use another functional USB cable for connection purpose.
However, if all the stuff mentioned in the above steps is working properly, then you should move your attention to software settings. In most cases, Epson printer user confronts network or connection errors on their printers due to improper network settings and application installation. To verify and rectify those stuff, follow the given steps.
Set the Printer to “Online” Mode Manually
First set your printer to Use Printer Online mode. This will minimize any unwanted printing error and task pending issues.
- Click on the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen. Then choose the Control Panel option and open up its windows. In that window, click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Now in the Devices and Printers window, right-click on the Epson printer option or name. The context menu will appear on the screen. On that menu, you need to select the “See what’s printing” option.
- Now a pop-up window will open on the screen. Choose the Printer option from the bar at the top.
- Then, you need to select the “Use Printer Online” option from the drop-down menu.
After this, your Epson printer will only initiate printings task if it is online.
Remove All Pending Print Jobs
Now the next thing that you need to clear up are the pending printings jobs. To do that follow the given steps.
- For this, go back to the Devices and Printers window and right-click on the Epson printer option or name. Now, from the pop-up menu that appears on the screen, right click on the “See what’s printing” option. A new window will show up on the screen. On that window, click on the “Cancel” option.
- After that, you need to select the “Use Printer Online” option again.
However, If any suborn print jobs still remains in the pending list, then try to restart both your system and Epson printer.
Removing and Reinstalling The Printer
Sometimes the Epson printer application may suffer from improper installations issue. That’s why to fix it, the user needs to reinstall the application properly. To do that, try to follow the given steps.
- Right-click the Epson printer option from Devices and Printers windows and select the “Remove device” option.
- Now, add the Epson printer again by clicking on the Add a Printer option from Devices and Printers window.
Removing Drivers and Packages
Another issue that may cause network error between the Epson printer and your system is the corrupted Printer drivers. In order to fix this issue, you need to remove the old and corrupted ones from your system and install the new printer package. To do that, follow the given instructions.
- First, make sure that you are using the Windows OS as an Admin. If not, then sign-in as one.
- Then, click on the Start icon and select the All Programs option. A new section will appear under that option. There you need to find and expand the Accessories option. Then click on the Command Prompt.option.
- Instantly the Command Prompt wizard will emerge on the screen. On that window, you need to type “printui /s /t2” including the spaces to open the Print Server Properties window.
- Now, On that window, you need to click on the uninstall option in order to remove the Driver and Package of the Epson printer.
- After that, you can now add your printer again by selecting Add a Printer from Devices and Printers window. And you can also download a new set of drivers form the official website of the Epson.
Now, the Epson printer should start showing the online status and allow users to continue their printing jobs
Paper Jam And Other Settings Mistakes
Apart from the above-mentioned issue, your Epson printer may encounter some other common problems like Paper Jam, Printing setting mistakes, improperly connected ink cartridge, wrong printing application usage, etc. To rectify these common hardware problems, users need to manually open the printer. And in case of software problems, the users have to tweak the settings manually.
We hope our article is able to provide you enough information on the Epson printer troubleshooting methods. For more tech-related information keep following our upcoming articles.