For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
ADF ( Automatic Document Feeder) is one of the most useful components of the Epson WF 3640 printer. But it specific situations, the ADF gives out various type of issue or error messages. And the Epson wf 3640 ADF not working is one of them.
Most of the time, this issue is caused due to improper device installations or irrelevant changes in the settings. However, in a few cases, this type of workability issue is triggered by serious hardware and software problems as well.
Now, if you are one of those users who are facing this Epson ADF not working issues on your printer, then follow this article. This is because, here, we have provided all the possible ways to solve this error like Epson printer not printing or Epson printer offline etc.
Main Causes for Epson WF 3640 ADF Not Working
There are many types of problematic factors which many causes ADF workability issue on your Epson printer. This subsequently appears as an error message on the system. Thus, we have provided the factors that are the prime cause of the problems.
Have a look at the points below.
- Improper installation of the ADF ( Automatic Document Feeder).
- Setting mistakes and misconfigurations.
- Paper Jams in the ADF
- Outdated or corrupted Printer drivers.
- Faulty hardware parts.
Now that you have analyzed all the possible causes of the Epson WF 3640 ADF not working issue then let’s have a look at the solutions.
Reliable Solutions for Epson WF 3640 ADF Not Working Issue
In order to solve the ADF ( Automatic Document Feeder) not working issue, you can try out various types of solution. But you need to apply them in the proper order to gain a positive result.
In this section, we have provided some of the most effective solutions that can effectively fix this issue. Have a look and try to execute them as instructed.
Install the ADF ( Automatic Document Feeder) Properly
Usually, Epson printer users encounter ADF related error because of the improper installation process. And it is quite possible the same problem is creating ADF workability issues in your printer as well.
Now, to fix this problem you need to check the ADF and then install it in the correct order. To perform that task on your printer follow the given steps.
- Turn Off your Epson WF 3640 and disconnect all the cables from it.
- Now, remove the document cover and keep it at a safe place.
- After that attach the two smaller feed with a groove on the side and secure them properly.
- Then, insert the installation screws that come with the Automatic Document Feeder into the holes and place them firmly. (You will get those holes on the back side of the printer.)
- Now, align the installation screws with the holes in the Automatic Document Feeder and slide it in.
- Once it is properly placed, secure the knob at the end of the installation screws with the help of the screwdriver.
- Now, connect the Automatic Document Feeder with your printer with the help of the cable.
After doing this task, turn On your Epson printer and check the workability status of the ADF.
Check and Rectify the Common Setting Mistake
Now, after installing the ADF properly, if you are still getting an error message then check and fix the setting mistakes.
- Verify the mode of your Epson printer. Most of the time, users don’t use their printer in the correct mode and encounter various types of workability problems.
- Now, in this case, you need to check and make use that either the Office Mode or the Professional Mode is selected on the printer.
- The second setting mistake that can cause this issue is the Document Source setting. Make sure it is set in either ADF-Single-sided or ADF-Double-sided option.
Once you have checked and resolve all the setting misconfiguration, restart your printer and try to use the ADF.
Remove the Paper Jams from ADF
Try to keep your printer free from abrupt paper jams. If your Epson printer is facing ADF error then follow the given steps to remove the papers.
- Open the cover of the Automatic Document Feeder and remove all the papers from the document table.
- After that, determine the position where the paper jam is occurring in your Epson printer.
- If the paper jams are happening at the feeder position then open the left cover and pull out the jammed papers carefully.
- Make sure to blow out all the pieces of the paper with the help of an air blower.
- But, if the paper jam issue is happening at the paper eject position of the printer, then open the cover of the right side. Then, remove the jammed paper from there.
Once you have removed all the jammed papers from the ADF, restart your Epson printer and try to use it.
Update the Printer Drivers
In few cases, Epson printer users have noted that the ADF related problems appear because of outdated drivers issue. And in order to solve that issue, you need to update the drivers. Now, to perform that task on your Epson printer follow the given instructions.
- Launch the WinX menu by pressing the Windows key + X key. Then, click on the Device Manager option and open its window.
- Now, in that window, you need to locate and click on the Printer option. Once you click on that option, a new section will appear under it.
- In that expanded area you will get the printer drivers. Right click on the driver and open the Context menu.
- Now, in that menu, you need to click on the Properties option.
- Instantly, the Properties window will come up on the screen.
- In that window, you need to tap on the Driver tab. And then, click on the Update Driver button.
- Now, a new pop-up box will come up on the screen. In that box, you need to click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
Once you do that, the update tool will start a search for Driver updates available for your printer and system. And if the tool is able to locate those updates, then it will automatically download and install them on your system.
After the installation process, reboot your system and check whether the Epson automatic document feeder error is fixed or not.
If you are unable to fix the Epson printer’s ADF not working issue with the help of provided solutions, then it might be possible that the issue is much more severe than it appears to be.
Now, in order to resolve those issues in the most effective and efficient way, you should contact a technical expert.
We hope that our solution and suggestions are quite helpful to you regarding the Epson WF 3640 ADF not working issue. For more information on tech-related stuff, keep following our upcoming articles.