For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Get Premium Solutions To Fix Brother Printer Not Printing Error
While working on the Brother printer for a long period of time, users often noticed that their Brother printer not printing.
However, this is a common issue and can occur suddenly without any notice due to various factors.
Basically, this issue develops on your device due to the misconfiguration of the printer’s connectivity or the device’s settings.
Sometimes the bad print spooler service or outdated printer driver is another possibility for the occurrence of this issue.
So, if you want to get back your device as same as earlier and want to sort out this issue, then stick to this article till the end.
This article has explained all the hassle-free and effective solutions to deal with this issue in a flicker of time.
Basic Steps to Eliminate the Brother Printer not Printing Black Error:
Here are some of the basic steps and the solutions we have discussed to fix the Brother printer not printing black. Hence, to resolve strictly follow the methods below.
Method 1: Verify the Brother’s Printer Connectivity
If the printer is not arranged in a proper way or is misconfigured, then it will surely halt the device to work.
Therefore, checking the printer’s connection is the priority to fix the not printing issues.
The following are some of the steps that are given below to accomplish the task.
- First, you need to check all the cable connections if all the cables and cords are connected well. If it is not connected properly, reconnect it properly and connect the device to the PC without USB.
- Try reconnecting the printer to a different USB or with a different cord to see if the device is now working correctly.
- After that, check the internet connection also and you need to set a proper home network to the device.
- Now, try a different cable or try to join the device with a different device to see if the printer is not printing.
If still, the printer is not printing the pages even after performing the steps, try the next method that is mentioned below.
Method 2: Set your Brother Printer as Default Printer
If the printer is not printing anything but the black ink, then there is a possibility that you might have not set the device as default printer.
Here, you can follow the steps we have discussed below to set the device as a default printer.
- Turn on the computer and launch the Run Command by tapping the Windows+R key or from the Windows search.
- Now, when the Run Command opens, type “control” into the search bar and tap the Enter key.
- Then, select the Large Icons option under the View by option on the right-top side of the screen.
- After that, go to the right side of the screen and select the Devices and Printers option.
- Click on the Default option and select the Apply button from the bottom to complete the above task.
After completing the task successfully, close all the tabs and restart the computer to see if the issue is fixed.
If still, the printer is not printing any other colors except the black ones, you can try out the next solution.
Method 3: Verify the Print Spooler Service if it is Enabled
If you have knowingly or unknowingly turned off the spooler service, then the printer will print only the black colors.
Therefore, you need to verify the spooler service and Enable it to halt this obstacle on your device.
The following are some of the steps that are shared below to perform the activity.
- Open the Run Command by pressing the Windows+R key at the same time or directly from the Windows Search.
- Now, when the Run Command opens, type “services.msc” into the search panel and tap on the Enter key to proceed.
- When the Service page opens on the next screen, find and double-click the Print Spooler service option from the list.
- Now, select the Startup Type option from the box and set the option as Running.
- Finally, select the Start option and click the Apply button located at the end to complete the task successfully.
Switch off all the opened tabs on your desktop and try restarting the computer to see if the printer is working normally.
If the above method goes unsuccessful or the issue still exists, try the next method.
Method 4: Clear All the Print Jobs from your PC
Print jobs are one of those affected files that stuck within the internal memory of the computer at a time.
If there is already a load of print jobs or the cache files stored in your system, you cannot print anything on your printer.
Therefore, you need to delete the files and here are some of the solutions that are discussed below to do so.
- Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the computer and then open the Run Command.
- Now, when the Run Command opens, type “services.msc” into the search bar and tap the Enter key to enter the page.
- In the Service Page list, locate and double-click on the Print Spooler service option on the right side.
- After that, select the Stop option from the bottom and click on the Apply button to apply the changes.
- Now, minimize all the tabs and open the file explorer directly or by pressing the Windows+E key as a shortcut.
- After that, copy and paste the following command “%windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS” into the address bar at the top.
- Tap the Enter button and on the next screen, select all the files by pressing Ctrl+A button.
- Press the Shift+Del key on your keyboard to delete the files and then click on the OK button to complete.
Finally when the task is over, simply close all the tabs and restart the device to see if the issue is now fixed or not.
You can try one or more solution if the above method fails or the issue still survives.
Method 5: Update the Brother Printer’s Driver Manually
Sometimes the outdated driver can also be a prime suspect for the printer is not printing issues.
Outdated or corrupted driver can also stop the device to work and hence, you need to update the driver.
To update the printer driver manually, follow the steps we have discussed below.
- Make sure the printer is turned on and then open the Device Manager to proceed with the next steps. You can open the Device Manager either from the Windows Search panel or by pressing the shortcut key Windows+X.
- Now, when the Device Manager opens, expand the category and select the first option from the list.
- When the drivers’ list appears on the next screen, locate the driver that has a yellow mark on the top. The yellow mark indicates the application is corrupted or outdated and needs to be updated.
- Right-click the faulty driver and select the Update option from the list.
- Now, this will automatically transfer you to the manufacturer’s website and then click on the Download Now button.
- Wait until the download is successful and then simply click on the Install Now button from the bottom.
- Finally, follow all the screen instructions and install the driver manually as usual.
Repeat the same steps for all the files and simply close all the tabs when successfully done.
Now, restart the computer and see if the brother printer not printing black issue is settled.
These are all the premium solutions we have discussed above to get rid of the Brother printer not printing issue.
You can effortlessly conclude this problem and get your printer back as earlier if you have gone through all the steps accurately.
In case, the issue still exists even after trying all the methods, then there might be some other internal issues or hardware problem.
In that case, you can feel free to service the printer or check the ink cartridge or other internal faults.
Finally, if you have any other suggestions or solutions to deal with this error, you can also share your activity here on our website.