For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Brother Printer Not Showing Up On Network: Easy Methods To Fix
Brother printer not showing up on network is one of the most prominent issues that most of the users have encountered on their device after updating the Operating System.
This issue is encountered by Brother printer users if the printer is not detected by their system and results in not displaying the printer in Control Center.
This problem generally appears if the Windows registry keys are corrupted or damaged. Sometimes, antivirus software can also be responsible for the problem.
If the Brother printer driver is missing or outdated then you may face this problem on the system.
If you are one of them who is facing this problem, then you are in the right place. Here, in this content, we are going to explore all the effective methods to fix the Brother printer when it’s not found on the network.
Brother Printer Not Showing Up on Network: Solutions
In this section, we are going to discuss all the effective solutions for fixing the issue when a Brother printer is not showing up on network. So, you need to read this article carefully and perform the fixes as instructed below.
Method 1 – Update the Brother Printer Driver
An outdated version of the printer driver can cause the Brother printer to be not detected in the control center. So, update the printer driver to fix this issue.
Follow the directions as instructed below.
- Press the Win + R keys together to launch the Run dialog box. Type Device Manager and then hit the Enter button or select the OK option.
- When the Device Manager window opens, locate the Brother Printer driver and right click on it to launch the menu list.
- Select the Update Software Driver button from that list and follow the instructions that follow to complete the task.
Once the task is completed, restart the system and then try to connect the printer.
Method 2 – Remove all Twain, Twunk and .mtx Files
By removing all the twain, twunk and mtx files from the system, you can solve this issue on the system. So, you need to remove these files. To clear these files, follow the directions cited below.
- Hold the Windows key and press the R button to open the Run box. Type %temp% and then click on the OK button or hit the Enter key.
- From the Temp folder, find all the temp files such as twain, twunk and mtx files and then remove them by clicking on the Delete button.
- Once they are removed, restart your computer and then check if the problem still appears or not.
Method 3 – Repair the Registry Files
Corrupted or damaged registry files can cause the Brother printer to not show up on network. So, you should repair these files in order to fix this issue. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Search Panel, type cmd and then right click on the most relevant result. Select the Command Prompt(Admin) button from that list.
- Enter SFC/scannow in the Command Prompt window and then hit the Enter button to run this command.
- Once it is executed, reboot your PC and then check whether the problem is solved or not.
Method 4 – Reinstall the Brother Printer Driver
Sometimes, if the printer driver is missing or damaged, then this problem arises on the system. So, you need to uninstall the driver and again install it correctly. To do that, follow these instructions:
- Open the Device Manager window.
- From the Device Manager window, find the Brother Printer Driver, right click on it and then click on the Uninstall Device button.
- After removing this driver, you need to properly install it from the official website of the Brother printer.
So, go to the official website of the Brother printer and search for the latest version of the Brother printer driver. After finding it, download it and then install it properly.
Once the installation process is finished, restart the device and then check if the Brother printer shows on network or not.
Method 5 – Reset the Brother Printer’s Network Card
An alternative method that we have shared to solve the network connectivity issue on a Brother printer is to reset the Brother printer’s network card. To reset it, follow the steps:
- First, press the MENU, 7 (Network), 0 (Network Reset), 1 (Reset), 1 (Yes). Now the Brother printer’s network card should start the reset process.
- Once the process completes, restart the system.
Method 6 – Verify the Network Connectivity between the Computer and the Brother Printer
This is another method you can use to get rid of this error on the system. Follow these steps:
- Press the Win + X keys to launch the WinX menu list and select the Command Prompt(Admin).
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type ipconfig and then hit the Enter button.
- After executing this command, check whether the Brother printer problem has been resolved or not.
Method 7 – Check the Connection
You have to check if the connection is working properly or not.
So, you need to properly connect the printer and solve this issue immediately. To reset the connection follow the directions cited below:
- Disconnect all the wires from the printer and the computer.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Connect them again.
Method 8 – Uninstall the Security Software
Removing the security software sometimes solve this issue on the system. Sometimes, the security software can prevent the Brother printer from connecting the network.
So, you need to uninstall it from your system. Go through these steps:
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Go to the Programs and Features section from the Control Panel window.
- Find the security software that you’re using and select it. After that, you will see a button Uninstall, click on it to remove it.
Once the removing process is complete, restart the device and then check if the issue still persists or not.
Hopefully, this article will help you enough to get rid of the Brother printer not showing up on network issue on the system. Here, we have provided all the possible methods to eliminate this error from your computer.
So, go through the methods and perform them as instructed to overcome this situation. If you face any problem following the fixes, you can hire a technical expert for a better understanding of the situation you are facing.