For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Canon is a famous brand, especially for its printer’s product. Canon Pixma G2012, Canon Pixma Mg3670 are some of the common ones.
If you are stuck with not printing black ink issue using the Canon printer, then you can study further to this article.
This article will help you to know about the Canon printer not printing black ink issue in detail. So learn the below methods to fix this problem from the further section of this article.
What Causes the Canon Printer Not Printing Black Ink Issue?
There are a few possible causes which in turn might get you Canon printer won’t print black issue and these are as follows:
- Improper installation of the ink cartridge
- Ink gets dry at the nozzle part of the ink cartridge
- Dust restricts the printing process
No matter whatever be the cause, you can solve the Canon printer failing to print black issue immediately with the help of the methods explained below.
Probable Methods to Fix the Canon Printer Not Printing Black Ink Issue:
To solve the Canon printer doesn’t print black ink issue, you need to try out the methods described below.
Method 1: Ensure that the Ink Cartridges are Installed Properly
The first thing to concern about for fixing the Canon printer not printing black ink issue is to ensure that the ink cartridges are installed correctly into the printer assigned location.
To know the detail on how to install the ink cartridges appropriately inside the Canon printer, you can take the help of the manual which comes along with your printer device.
Go through the below lines to learn the complete steps of how to install the ink cartridges appropriately on Canon printer.
- At first, you need to turn off your printer. For that, press and hold the Power button of the printer.
- After that, open the front cover of the printer.
- Next, open the paper output cover. This will move the cartridge holder to the accessible position.
- Now, push down the ink cartridge to uninstall.
- Then, check whether the ink is present inside the cartridge or not and that too in a liquid condition.
In case, if no ink is present inside the cartridge, then you need to replace that with a new one.
Check the below lines to know the method of how to prepare the new ink cartridge to install.
- Firstly, you need to takeout the cartridge from the packet. After that, gently remove the protective tape from it to make the ink cartridge ready to install in the Canon printer.
Note: In case, if the ink is not in the fluid condition, then you need to try to clean the dried ink at first, and then install.
If by clearing the dried ink, the problem gets solved, then fine. Else, you need to install the new ink cartridge in the Canon printer.
- After preparing the cartridge to install, now insert the new cartridge at a slant into the cartridge holder. Then push the cartridge in and up firmly until it snaps into the slot.
- At last, close the paper output cover.
- Then, turn on the printer and print a document to check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Method 2: Run Deep Cleaning
After installing the ink cartridge properly into the printer, if still, the Canon printer not printing black issue exists, then run the Deep Cleaning on the Canon printer.
Follow the steps listed below:
- First of all, enable the Power supply for the printer.
- After that, make sure that the paper tray contains a few papers to install on it.
- Then, open the paper output tray.
- Next, open the output tray extension.
- Further, go to the Control Panel screen of your Canon printer and then follow the further steps.
- Now, select the Setup option from the printer’s Control panel.
- After that, tap on the Tools/ wrench icon.
- Next, by utilizing the arrows keys of the printer device, select the Maintenance Menu. Further, click on the OK button.
- Then, select the Deep Cleaning option and continue by tapping the OK button.
- After that, click on YES and then OK to start the Deep Cleaning process.
Now, wait until the cleaning is done completely. The time takes to complete the cleaning job will end up within a few minutes.
Once the Deep Cleaning task is done successfully, a confirmation window will open, there you have to click on OK.
After that, try to run a printing job to check that the printer not printing black issue gets resolved or not.
Method 3: Manually Clean the Printer
If all the above methods fail in solving the Canon printer unable to print blank ink on a page, then you need to clean the Canon printer manually.
The steps to manually clean up the ink cartridges are stated below:
- Make sure that the Power is not supplied on your Canon printer.
- Then, open all the parts of the printer including the cables.
- After that, clean both the parts of the printer with the help of a dry and soft cloth.
- Next, reconnect all the printer parts back into their according places.
- After that, turn on the printer.
- And lastly, check that if the issue gets resolved or not. Hopefully, this time you will get the issue fixed.
Advice to Avoid The Canon Printer Not Printing Black Ink Issue:
There are some factors if followed, then you can avoid the printer not printing the black ink problem.
Let’s check out the steps:
- Always use the genuine ink cartridge.
- Do not keep your printer idle for a week. At least print a document twice a week to make the printer in working condition.
- Avoid installing the printer in dust traveling location.
- Avoid overheating of the printer.
All these are the effective workarounds to solve the Canon printer not printing black ink issue.
If you study this article sincerely and completely without escaping any steps of the methods, then hopefully, you will able to fix the issue efficiently.
If you have any further query regarding the Canon printer error on not printing black, then take the help of an expert to fix the problem.