For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
A printer is a useful device which reduces the burden of dealing with a tedious amount of paperwork. When you are thinking about buying a premium quality of the printer, no other brand can match the high standards of Epson. Epson Inc. is an international brand which offers high-quality printing and several other exciting features. The company develops a wide range of laser, inkjet, wireless, color and all-in-one printers. Irrespective of the unmatched quality that the company boasts of, Epson printer models often develop different epson error code 031008 during its runtime.
Error code 031008 is the most common error which you might find while using Epson printers. Epson Workforce Pro WF-4750, Epson WF-4720 printer, etc. are famous Epson printer models which are the worst victims of this error message. Epson error code 031008 generally occurs due to improper insertion of the printhead or ink cartridges. Accumulation of dust on these two printer components can cause this error code to appear. It occurs suddenly in between an ongoing printing session without giving any prior intimation. In case you are struggling with this error code while working on your Epson printer, read this blog to avail accurate solutions and fix Epson printer error at the earliest.
Quick Fixes to Solve Error Message 031008 on Your Own:
The sudden appearance of epson error 031008 can put a break to your printing session for an indefinite time. And this is just the usual case when it comes to printer error codes. Like this one and others like the Epson printer error code 0xf1, all of which you can fix yourself with proper instructions. Check out the basic steps which you can apply to fix this error code quickly.
Restarting Your Epson Printer:
It might be a bit surprising for you to know that most printer error codes and messages disappear once you restart the machine. Follow the steps mentioned below to troubleshoot the issue at the earliest:
- Remove the power cable from the power source
- Tap on the power button and hold it for approximately 60 seconds
- Plug in the power cable into the wall outlet again
- Leave the power button as soon as the printer is turned on
- Try to take a sample print to check whether the error code reappears or not
If the error message reappears on your Epson printer’s control panel, you should try to reset your Epson printer. The necessary steps to reset your Epson printer are mentioned below.
Eliminate Epson Error Message 031008 by Hard Resetting the Printer:
Printer reset is a complicated process which involves a series of complex steps. Perform this method only when you are confident about not making any mistake during the process. A manual mistake might harm your device and reduce its efficiency. Given below are some easy steps to reboot your Epson printer which any beginner can apply:
Easy Steps to Reboot Your Epson Printer:
- Switch off the printer and take out the power cord from the wall outlet
- Wait for sometime and then plug in the power cord again to the wall outlet
- Power on the printer and hold the resume key for another 10 to 20 seconds
- You will receive a message saying “reset the printer to default settings” in the control panel of your Epson printer
- Tap on “OK” and release the resume key
- Take a sample print to inspect if the error message appears again
In case you receive Epson error 031008 again on your printer, it indicates that the problem is either with the printhead or the cartridge. You need to instantly arrange cleaning or reinstalling of these two vital printer components to fix error code 031008. Go through the next paragraph thoroughly to know how to run the cleaning or resetting process.
Smart Tricks to Clean and Reset the Ink Cartridge of Your Epson Printer:
Ink cartridge is an essential component of any printer which constantly supplies ink to the printer for creating the prints. In case the ink cartridge is not installed correctly, Epson error 031008 might appear during the printing session. Following are the steps to reset the ink cartridge with a faulty installation.
- Power of the printer and remove all attached cables and cords
- Open the cartridge cover and remove the ink cartridge from your Epson printer
- Clean it with a dry cotton cloth and reinsert it again
- Tap on the reset button firmly against the chip contacts present on the cartridge for sometime
- A bright red light will blink which indicates a strong contact between the cartridge and the printer has been established
- Hold the reset button for a few seconds until a green LED light begins to blink
- This will confirm the successful completion of the cartridge reset process
Check whether Epson error code 031008 strikes your printer by taking a sample print. If the answer is yes, you can be sure that the ink cartridge is not the factor responsible behind the occurrence of this error code. Rather, a problem in the printer head installation might be causing this error code to appear. The next paragraph will give you a thorough insight into the printhead installation/cleaning procedure.
Wondering How to Reinstall or Clean the Printhead of Your Epson Printer?
You can clean the printhead via the automatic and manual process. The automatic process involves the use of the guidelines mentioned in the printer manual that comes with your device. The steps of the manual cleaning process are discussed below:
- Power off the printer by unplugging the power cords from the wall outlet
- Take out the ink cartridges from the printer
- Take the printhead out from the printer by opening the latch behind
- Take a dry cotton cloth and clean the printhead contacts properly
- Place the printhead again within the device and use the latch to set the printhead in its correct location
- Place the ink cartridges again within the printer
- Take a sample print to confirm the removal of this error code
Still receiving the same error code time and again on your Epson printer’s control panel? You must consult with a reliable printer repair service provider to fix printer problems efficiently and at a budget-friendly price.
Avail Pocket-Friendly Solutions to Fix Epson Printer Errors by Connecting with Us:
Sudden obstruction in the printing job can put a break on critical official tasks and require immediate attention. Our tech experts at Epsonsupport247 enjoy the reputation of being the most reliable printer service provider in the market by offering advanced solutions. Place a call at our printer support number +1-855-997-4421 irrespective of time and share your issues with our experienced engineers. They will offer you printer repair service at a reasonable price to fix printer issues with perfection. You can drop an email to us and receive solutions within the next 24 hours. In addition, you can talk to our tech experts in real-time via our live chat window during busy working hours. They will offer you instant solutions to solve all Epson printer related errors within a short span.