For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Firmware is software embedded into devices to control the performance of the device. A firmware reset refers to updating the firmware along with all its settings. Epson printer firmware reset is going to upgrade your printer with new and advanced operational instructions. Thus, the printer will have all the latest features and system updates. As a result, the printer would be able to operate at a faster speed with the latest technology. To be more precise, the firmware reset improves the instruction time, speculative time, order execution, and so on. A new firmware contains new features and often fix minor bugs in devices. Hence, the firmware reset is going to fix the minor technical glitches in your printer. Moreover, it protects your device from security vulnerabilities and thereby protects the information stored in it.
Since the firmware determines how the device behaves, it is essential to reset the firmware in order to keep it updated every time. Some devices regularly check for the new firmware and download it automatically whenever available. Whereas, some devices require the users to search for the new firmware and download the same manually. Epson firmware printer reset is pretty simple but users often find it difficult to execute. Therefore, we have simplified the process of Epson printer firmware reset as much as possible in this article. So, focus on this article and read it till the end to get your work done in no time.
Take a Look to Know the Methods of Epson Printer Firmware Reset:
You can easily reset your printer if you follow the given methods with due attention.
Update Directly from the Printer
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cable from it.
- Alternatively, you can press and hold the ‘Stop, Left Arrow, Home, and On’ buttons simultaneously on the printer.
- Hold them for at least a minute until the printer is turned off.
- The LCD screen of your printer displays ‘FW Update Mode.’
- Choose ‘Update Devices,’ choose ‘Firmware’ and press the ‘Update’ button below the screen.
- A progress bar appears on the LCD screen stating the status of firmware reset.
- The progress bar disappears once the update is completed.
- Tap the ‘Finished’ button to end the process.
- As the LCD screen displays the firmware information, press the ‘OK’ button to turn off the printer.
- Now press the red triangle in the circle labeled ‘Stop’ on the printer and ‘Left Arrow.’
- Finally, press the ‘Home’ button on the left side of the LCD screen to return to the main menu.
Reset the Firmware from Epson Printer’s Website
- At first, connect your printer to a computer through a proper USB cable.
- Turn on both the printer and the computer and make sure that the printer is recognizable. Otherwise, you will need to reset the connection.
- Launch a web browser on the PC and visit Epson’s official website.
- Then, click ‘Printer’ on the ‘Let’s identify your device’ page.
- Enter your printer’s model number and tap the ‘Submit’ button to continue.
- The computer displays the software results page for your printer where you need to choose the ‘Change’ option.
- Select your printer’s version and hit the ‘Change’ button again.
- Choose ‘Firmware’ and then click on the ‘Download’ button to check whether an update is currently available for the firmware or not.
- If an update is available, then it gets automatically downloaded on your printer.
- Save the downloaded file to your PC and open it for installing the new firmware.
Hope, you have understood how to reset Epson printer firmware manually. Therefore, follow the steps for Epson printer firmware reset and optimize the performance of your Epson printer. If you fail to follow the procedure described here, then the best option is to connect with a professional to eliminate this error permanently from your device.