For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Epson printer not printing colors correctly is one of the unusual issues that occur when Grayscale setting is not selected on your printer.
It is one of those errors that occur occasionally and several users are puzzled with this issue nowadays.
So if you are one of those users who are confronting this error and looking for some amazing hacks to settle Epson printer printing wrong colors issue permanently, then you have arrived at the right page.
In this content, we will discuss all the probable causes and the effective hacks to get back the Epson printer printing correct colors in minutes.
Probable Causes for Epson Printer not Printing Colors Correctly Issue:
Epson printer printing wrong colors issue occurs due to several reasons which are quite difficult to detect at sometimes.
This issue mainly occurs due to print spooler service that goes turned off mistakenly. If the printer’s rollers go rusty or stuck up with dirt, then it will cause color issues.
Sometimes the ink port goes clogged which results in Epson printer printing wrong color.
But thankfully, we have enough plans to deal with this issue that we will discuss in the next segment.
Effective Methods to Fix Epson Printer Not Printing Colors Correctly Issue:
You can follow any of the troubleshooting hacks to get rid of this issue instantly. So go through the methods listed below:
Method 1: Verify the Print Spooler Service on your Epson Printer
The print spooler setting is an in-built feature that permits you to execute the print works and the interface among the computer and the printer.
Sometimes, this feature gets turned off due to several reasons which result in the printer not printing the correct colors issue.
Go through the steps below to turn on the feature back on your device.
- Switch on your computer and press the Windows+R key at the same time on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type “services.msc” in the command box and tap the Enter key. You can also click on the OK button to proceed next.
- When a new service window prompts on the screen, locate the Print Spooler service and double-click on that option.
- Set the Startup type as Automatic from the list and set its Service Status as Running. Then click on OK.
After completing these steps, close all the tabs and restart your computer. Further, check if the printer is printing normally.
If still, the issue continues and the printer won’t print, try another solution below.
Method 2: Clean the Epson Printer Rollers
Printer rollers are another prime cause for not printing the right color fonts issue. Sometimes, the rollers go dirty because it is being not cleaned for a long time.
Go through the cited below steps to clean up the rollers and check if the printing issue is fixed or not.
- At first, remove all the papers from the input plate and press the Down arrow key on your printer to select the Settings.
- Now, press the OK button and again press the Down arrow key to select Tools.
- Select the Clean Paper Feed option from the list and press OK to continue.
- This will make the printer noisy for a couple of minutes and then wait until the printer sound stops completely.
After successfully cleaning up the rollers, restart the device and see if the color issue is resolved.
If still, you are facing this issue, then try another solution addressed below.
Method 3: Run the Print Cartridge Utility
You need to run the Print cartridge utility tool from the Control Panel to eliminate this issue on your device.
Go through the steps given below to resolve this issue.
- At first, switch on your computer and join it with the Epson printer.
- Now, press the Windows sign on your keyboard to open the Search session.
- Type ‘Control Panel’ in the Search bar and tap the Enter key to open the Control Panel.
- Locate the Devices and Printer option from the top of the list and right-click on the Printer’s icon.
- Select the Preferences option and click on the Services tab from the left pane of the window.
- Now, select the ‘Service this Printer Device’ option from the menu. This will open the printer’s toolbox.
- Click on the ‘Clean the Print Cartridge’ option from the Device Services tab and follow the on-screen instructions to complete this process.
After finishing all the above steps, restart both the computer and printer and check if the printer not printing the black is resolved or not.
If the above process is unable to resolve this issue, try another solution below.
Method 4: Clean the Ink Port with Distilled Water
Sometimes, the ink ports get clogged because of several reasons which result in the printer won’t print the right color issue.
Hence, you need to flush the ink ports with distilled water to get your Epson printer back to its practical form.
Following are the steps to perform this process:
- At first, open the head of the printer and eliminate the ink cartridge sleekly from the printhead carriage.
- Then, you will notice cone-shaped indents that transport the ink from the cartridge to the printhead of the printer.
- Put several droplets of refined limewater or a printhead cleanser into the ink port. Now, wait for the bottom of the ink port for color pieces.
- Next, renovate the ink cartridge and place a new ink cartridge on the Epson printer.
- Take a paper napkin or a cloth and clean the printhead.
After completing these steps, check if the printer is printing the right colors or not.
If the above process is unable to settle the issue, try another solution discussed below.
Method 5: Turn on the Grayscale Settings on your Printer
As we have discussed above that due to the Grayscale settings on your printer, the Epson printer colors off issue occur.
Thus, you need to turn on the settings in order to get back the printer in working state as earlier.
Go through the actions presented below to succeed in this task.
- At first, turn on the computer and drive to the Control Panel from the settings.
- After that, select the Devices and Printers option from the menu and right-click on the printer.
- Now, select the Printing Preferences and drive to the Color tab.
- At last, select the Print in Grayscale option and click on the Apply button below to complete the task.
After succeeding the task accurately, you can now access the printing service with the right color formats as earlier.
Hope the above article has helped enough to get rid of Epson printer color issues in no time. You can go through all these sequences to get back the printouts as earlier.
In case, the above techniques don’t prove useful, then either you might have the hardware issues or some other faults.
If still, you find the above methods tricky or the Epson printer not printing colors correctly, you can consult a professional to get rid of this issue.
At last, share your experience with us and give your valuable feedback here in the comment box.