For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
After changing a printer toner cartridge, and after a few printing jobs, in case, you notice your Epson printer is printing too light, don’t be frustrated. You are not alone. Several users have reported that they are getting the same error with their printer.
You can encounter this error due to a glitch present in the toner darkness settings of your Epson printer. Besides that, if you have turned on the toner save mode, then also you can encounter this issue.
Currently, if you are facing this issue and looking for solutions, follow this article to the end. This article will act as a complete guide to resolve this glitch on your device.
Fixes to Apply when Your Epson Printer is Printing Too Light
In case, you notice your Epson printer is printing too light, you can utilize the methods given below to fix it in a quick and comprehensive manner. Follow the solutions one by one and apply them accordingly to resolve this Epson printer glitch quickly and effectively.
Method 1: Check Toner Darkness Settings
Changing the toner darkness settings is perhaps the best fix and you should try that first. Try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, open the Menu and go to the Settings option.
- Now, navigate to the Quality menu. Here you will find the toner darkness settings.
- Here, you have to increase the darkness of the toner. After tweaking with the toner settings, try a test print to check whether it fixes the issue or not.
In case, you notice, the error still persists, follow the next method.
Method 2: Check Media Settings
In case, you are printing on anything besides white paper, then also you can notice your printer is printing fade. It can happen due to incorrect media settings of your printer. So, to fix it, you need to correct the settings using these steps:
- First, navigate to the Menu option and locate the PAPER MENU.
- Now, navigate to the PAPER SIZE/TYPE and go to the tray section.
- Next, select the tray your media is in and change the settings as per the media you are using.
- Once you complete these steps, you need to perform a test print in order to check the status of the error. Hopefully, the error will be fixed, otherwise, move to the next section.
Method 3: Check Toner Cartridge
If the previous method fails to fix this error, now, it’s time to check the toner cartridge. To check it, try to follow these steps:
- Before proceeding with the steps, you need to print a device statistics report. It will provide you more information about the printer and the installed toner cartridge.
- Go to the Menu and navigate to Reports. From here, you will be able to see the Device statistics.
- Next, search for the heading ”Supply Information” and the subheading “Sides on Cart”. It will tell you how many pages you can print using this toner cartridge. In case, you see it is about to die, it is the time to replace the cartridge. If it is a new cartridge, then replace it with another one to check if it still produces light print or not.
Method 4: Turn Off Toner Save Mode
If you have toner save mode on, it can be a reason due to which you are getting faded printout. You should turn it off to check whether it resolves the issue or not. For that, try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to the Control panel of your device and Click on the + or-, to select the General Setup.
- Click OK.
- Choose ecology by pressing + or -. Click on the Ok button to continue.
- Choose Toner Save and hit The OK button.
- After that, you need to select “Off”. Click on the Ok button to continue.
Method 5: Replace Photo Conductor Unit
Some glitch present in the photoconductor unit can also cause this error. In such cases, you need to replace it using these steps:
- Firstly, turn off the power and unplug the power cable from the wall socket.
- Now, raise the scanner unit.
- Next, open the cover below the scanner unit.
- Raise the lever inside that cover.
- Remove the photoconductor unit.
- Take the new photoconductor unit, remove its protective sheet, and insert it into its position until it clicks shut.
- Now, lower the lever and close the cover.
- Lastly, put the scanner unit to its correct position.
You need to follow some precautions while changing the photoconductor unit. For example, avoid its exposure to light as it may reduce its performance.
And, in general, make sure to handle the unit carefully.
If this or any other method looks too complicated for you to follow and apply, then you can always connect with a reliable technician to resolve this light print issue on your Epson printer.
After going through this article and applying the fixes correctly, hopefully, you will be able to fix your Epson printer when it is printing too light. If you require any further guidance, then you can also contact an expert for further help. If you are aware of any other methods that can resolve this error, you can leave that in the comment section to help others.