For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Learn Some Simple Tips And Tricks To Fix Lexmark Fuser Error
Recently Lexmark printers are becoming a demanding product in the market due to its high-quality performance and durability. This American hardware manufacturing company manufactures a wide range of printers to choose from according to your needs. Even though manufacturers are trying their best to keep their product completely problem free but still the users often report about encountering various kinds of errors in their Lexmark printer, such as Lexmark fuser error. A fuser is a pair of roller-like structure which gets heated when you try to print something. It basically fuses the toner over the paper where you want to print. For some reasons, if a problem occurred in the fuser of your Lexmark printer, then you will not be able to run any print job in it.
So, if you are also facing the Lexmark Printer Won’t Print , lexmark x4650 wireless setup etc. and want a permanent solution to settle this error, then you have come to the right place. In this content, we will explore all the potential causes of the problem and provide permanent solutions to terminate this issue. So follow the rest of the article carefully
What Causes the Lexmark Service Fuser Error?
Lexmark fuser error can occur for multiple reasons on your printer. Some of them are:
- If the printer’s heater or the lamp element is broken or if there any paper jam into the fuser, then it might result in a fuser error on your printer.
- If the thermal fuse of your printer stops working, then it can also trigger this annoying problem.
- When you use the printer for a long time without a break, at that time the temperature of your printer can go too high due to excessive usage, it also results in a Fuser error on your Lexmark printer.
- Sometimes, the thermistor of your printer goes faulty and results in this error.
Prominent Methods to Fix Lexmark Fuser Error:
Lexmark fuser error is surely an irritating issue but not an incurable problem. There are a few methods available which can help you to resolve this issue and make your printer run like before. We have listed all the effective methods down below. So you can go through one of these methods or all the methods until you get all the problem fixed
Methods # 1: Restart/Reset your Printer
In 70% cases, the fuser of a printer stops working due to the overheating issue. That’s why to fix this Lexmark service fuser error, the first thing that you should do is to let your printer cool down a bit. The best way to do that is to turn off your printer. To perform this task, press the Power key and then detach all the power cables from the back of your printer. Now, wait for a couple of minutes and then reconnect the power cable back to its place.
After completing the task, turn on the printer by pressing the Power key and check if the fuser error is resolved or not. If the error still continues and you are unable to print, then try to reset the printer by going through the steps below:
- At first, press the Menu button on your Lexmark printer’s Control Panel. Navigate to the Utility menu from the list that appears on the screen.
- Now, from the list, try to locate the Factory Default option and then open it.
- Once you select the Factory Default, you will see a Restore option on the screen. Select the option and then press the Ok button from the confirmation window to Reset your Lexmark printer.
- After the reset completes, turn off the printer by pressing the Power key and detach all the power cables from the back of your printer.
- Now, wait for 1 or 2 hours so that your printer can cool down completely. Once the printer cool down completely, reconnect the power cable and turn on your printer to check the error status
.Methods # 2: Check the Printer Spooler
If your printer is running for a long time without a break, then there is a high possibility that some error might have occurred in the printer spooler or it stops working. That’s why you are getting the Lexmark fuser error issue. So, if you want to fix the print spooler, then follow the below steps carefully.
- At first, turn on your device and then press the Windows key + R key to open the Run dialog box.
- Once the Run command box appears, type services.msc in it and then press the Enter key to open the Service window.
- Now, locate the Print spooler from the list of services. Then double click on that option.
- After that, ensure that the Startup type is set as Automatic while the Service status is showing Running.
- Now, click on the OK button and restart your printer to see if the issue persists or not.
.Methods # 3: Basic Check-up
It can also be possible that you are not getting the error because of a software or hardware issue. Instead, the main issue can be some basic setup problem. So, you need to conduct a basic examination of your printer to fix the issue.
First of all, check the Power socket from where the main line gets connected. Then, you have to check the printer cables, whether they are in a usable condition or not. If you are not sure about the condition, then replace the cable. Next, make sure that the USB ports are also in working condition. At last, check if the paper tray is fitted properly or not.
.Methods # 4: Clean the Printer Nozzle
In some cases, Lexmark fuser error can also occur when some dust particles block the nozzle of the print head and stop any kind of ink flow. So, in this case, you need to clean the printer nozzle as soon as possible to get rid of the problem. There are two methods available to complete the cleaning process. These are:
At first, you need to take a soft cloth or a sponge and warm water to start the cleaning process. Now, slowly remove the side door of the Lexmark printer and make sure the paper tray is empty. During the cleaning process, check if any paper is jammed inside the printer or not. Because the paper jam issue is also another reason for the Fuser error. After that, you need to soak the cloth or sponge in the warm water. Now, wipe out the dust particles from the nozzle as well as the fuser. Then, close the printer door and attach the paper tray. Run the printer by giving a blank page at first and see if the Fuser is working or not.
- At first, load plain white paper in the input tray.
- Then, click on the button next to the Setup icon in the lower-left corner of the Control Panel of the Lexmark printer.
- After that, use the Right Arrow key to select Tools, and then click on OK.
- Next, use the Right Arrow key to select Clean Printhead and once again press OK. Once you do that, the printer will start the automatic cleaning process.
Methods # 5: Update the Printer Driver
If none of the above methods solve the problem for you, then your last option will be updating the printer driver. An outdated driver always affects the printer to run improperly and it is possible that the Lexmark fuser error is also occurring due to this. That’s why you need to update the driver in order to fix the issue. Here is the guide to do this:
- At first, turn on your Windows device and then open the Start Menu.
- Now, open the Control Panel and change the View type as Category.
- After that, click on the ‘System and Security’ option and then open the ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Now, select your Lexmark printer and right-click on it to choose Update Driver from the drop-down. Here, you will get two options to update the driver. First one is, Search automatically for updated driver software and second on is Browse my computer for driver software. Choose whichever is preferable for you.
After successfully completing the process, restart both your computer and the Lexmark printer. Then try to print a page to check the status of the problem.
Hopefully, by using these hacks and tricks, you will be able to resolve the Lexmark fuser error on your own. By any chance, if we have overlooked any easy and effective method to fix the issue, then please let us know via the comment section below. If you are facing the same problem after following our methods, then we will highly recommend you to connect with a professional for better guidance.