For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Lexmark printers are undoubtedly one of the best printer devices available but then like other printing devices, it is also not completely free from technical glitches. When you just click on the Print button on your PC and encounter some abnormal sound on the printer, then you are greeted with an offline printer message. Sometimes, a printer goes offline for several reasons. However, these reasons can make the fixing process a bit disgusting for some users. Moreover, you can typically fix your offline printer issue by using one of a few different fixes. Therefore, go through the below steps on how to fix the Lexmark printer offline issue.
Effective Ways to Fix Lexmark Printer Offline Windows 10:
Below are the most effective ways to fix Lexmark printers says offline issue in one go:
Method 1: Use Reset Option to Print Offline
By far the seamless way to fix an offline printer is to turn it off and on again. A reset can fix many issues with a printer that might cause it to suddenly show up as offline.
- First, you need to hold the “Power” button on your printer until the device shuts off. Otherwise, detach the power cable from the back of the device.
- Plug the cable back in and press the “Power” button to turn it back on.
- Wait for a few minutes to allow the printer to fully reboot. Then try to print your document again.
- If it works, then your offline printer issue is fixed.
Method 2: Reset the Wireless Connection
A printer may go offline if it gets disconnected from your computer or your network. If your printer is hooked up to your computer via a USB wire, then you might be able to fix this offline problem by plugging the cable into a different USB port on your computer or by replacing the cable if it has stopped working. You can fix this offline printer that is connected wirelessly by resetting the wireless connection on the printer. How you do this depends on the brand and model of your printer, so make sure to consult your printer’s user manual.
Method 3: Set Default Printer
If you reset your offline printer and check for connection issues and it doesn’t fix Lexmark printer offline mode, then you need to set the default printer again to resolve the issue.
- You can set your default printer on a Windows computer by clicking the Start button and then selecting Devices and Printers option.
- Moreover, you need to right-click on your printer. After that, click on Set as default printer.
- You can set your default printer on a Mac computer by clicking the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen. Then click on System Preferences option followed by Printers & Scanners.
- Moreover, right-click on your printer in the sidebar and then click on Set as a default printer option.
- After that, try to print your document again.
Know Some Other Fixes for Lexmark Printer Showing up Offline Issue:
A printer that is offline may require other fixes beyond setting the default printer, resetting the printer and solving connectivity problems. Your printer may be offline if a piece of paper is jammed inside the printer. You can fix this by opening all the printer doors and removing any jammed paper found inside it. A printer might also go offline if the ink or toner is empty. In this case, replace any ink or toner cartridges that are empty to resolve the Lexmark printer offline Windows 10 issue. Try resetting the printer again if the offline message is still displayed after clearing a paper jam or replacing the ink.
To Sum it Up
This article covers most of the effective fixes pertaining to Lexmark printer offline issue. If you got through the above steps, you can easily fix this issue in no time. Moreover, you can refer to the user guide to have a quick glance. If you have any new ideas to overcome this annoying situation, you can provide that in the comment section below.