For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
There are many occasions when you are not able to install the correct printer driver into your computer. Mainly, the error message Epson the printer driver package cannot be installed properly pop up when Windows is unsuccessful in installing the proper printer driver. Basically, when you upgrade the Windows Operating System, your printer cannot work properly. Because the printer driver is not compatible with the new version of Windows.
Further, this issue crops up whenever the printer application fails to print any documents. This is why we have come up with possible solutions in order to fix this annoying problem. Hence, follow this post, here you will get to know about the effective tricks that can help you to resolve the error message.
Fix Error Message: Epson the Printer Driver Package Cannot be Installed
“Epson the Printer Driver Package Cannot be Installed” is quite an irritating situation for most of the users. So, in order to troubleshoot the issue, you need to opt for the proper solutions.
Therefore, read this article to know the best possible solutions to get rid of the error. With the help of the solutions, you can fix the problem without any trouble.
Procedure # 1: Running the Printer Troubleshooter
There is an inbuilt collection of troubleshooter present in Windows which helps to troubleshoot a various problem under various categories. Hence, run the printer troubleshooter. It automatically checks the problem and fixes the issue. To run the Printer Troubleshooter, follow the steps as described in the section below.
At first, open the Run box by pressing the Windows and R. In the Run dialog box, type ‘control panel’ and hit the Enter button.
Open the Control Panel and type ‘troubleshoot’ in the search box. A list will appear on the system’s screen. Select Troubleshooting from the list.
Once the Troubleshooting menu opens, click View All option, which is present on the left side of the window. After that, select the Printer option. After that, choose both ‘Run as Administrator’ and ‘Apply Repairs Automatically’ options. These options will make sure that you find the maximum problems and it will repair them as fast as well. Then, follow the on-screen instructions and wait until the process gets completed.
Procedure # 2: Stopping the Spooler Service, Deleting Printer Files and Restarting the Service
Stopping the Spooler Service from the Service window and deleting the temporary internet files can help you to resolve the issue. It might be possible that the printer driver could not function properly due to some discrepancy and for this restarting the system will resolve the Epson driver issue. To do so, perform the steps as mentioned in the section below.
- Firstly, click the Windows and R key together to open the Run application. In the Run box, type ‘services.msc’ and hit the Enter button.
- Now, find the Service Print Spooler which is located in the list of Services. To open its properties, double-click on it. After that, hit the Stop button and press OK to apply the save changes.
- Turn off the service, now you can focus on deleting the printer files. Hence, to open the quick access, press the Windows key and E at the same time. After that, click on the ‘This PC’ option which is available in the left navigation panel.
You need to check the Permission box when prompted and hit the Continue option.
- After opening the folder, remove all the printer files from the ‘Printer’ folder and close the tab.
- Now, move back to the Services page and start the Printer Spooler Service. You need to make the startup type as Automatic option.
After completing the steps, try to install the printer driver and check whether any error message still exits or not.
Procedure # 3: Updating the Printer Drivers Manually and Automatically
You can update the printer driver manually. To do it manually, you need to download the printer driver from the manufacturer’s website. There are multiple numbers of printer driver available on the website, therefore, you need to take note of the printer model and serial number that you are using. To do it manually, follow the steps as described.
- Firstly, press the Windows and R key to open the Run dialog box. In the Run box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit the Enter button. Due to this, it will launch the Device Manager on your computer.
- After that, go to the Hardware option. Right-click on the Printer Hardware and then, select the Update Driver option.
- Next, a dialog box will appear which ask you to update the driver. Hence, select the second option which says ‘Browser my computer for driver software’. If you failed to update the printer driver manually, you can try to update the printer driver automatically.
If you are unable to update the printer driver manually, update it automatically. To update the printer driver automatically,
- Press the Windows and S key together and open the Start menu on your computer. In the Search bar, type ‘Windows Update’ and hit the Enter button.
- Once the Update Setting box appears on the system’s screen, select ‘Check for Update’ option. It will automatically check whether an updated version is available or not. If yes, it will download the latest version and install it on the system. After restarting the system, check the error message still persist or not.
Procedure # 4: Uninstall the Printer Driver
When the above methods do not help you to fix the issue, uninstall the printer driver. Sometimes, uninstalling the printer driver can help you to fix the issue. But, uninstalling the driver will also delete all the files related to the printer that are stored in the computer. Hence, remove the printer driver and check the status of the error code.
- At first, open the Run box and in the Run box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press the Enter button.
- After that, move to the Hardware section and right-click on the Printer Hardware option and select Uninstall Device option.
- When the uninstallation process gets completed, restart the system and apply the Procedures 3 in order to install the Epson driver.
Hope, with the help of the above solutions you will able to solve the Epson the printer driver package cannot be installed. Here, we have already discussed the solutions, which will ease up your pain and make things work for you. However, what about trouble still showing up from an unnoticed corner? Well, in that case, you always have the option to look up to the help provided by a professional.