Nowadays, the printer is a part of the daily used gadgets. Now, prolong use can trigger random glitches. It can so happen that the printer stops printing any documents and an error message appears on the screen.
‘Printer not printing’ is a common problem and may result from several causes such as misconfigurations of printer drivers and connectivity issues.
If you are also struggling to get an immediate solution, then you can put an end to your search with this guide. Here, we are going to present 4 feasible ways which can help you to solve this issue.
So, take a glance at the points discussed below, if you are repeatedly questioning yourself “why is my printer not printing?”.
4 Reliable Ways to Fix Printer Not Printing
There are various ways to get rid of this issue. But, here you get 4 most efficient way outs. You can perform the methods explained below:
Fix 1: Perform Basic Troubleshooting Ways
Before going to implement any complicated solution, you should try some basic troubleshooting ways.
You need to check the network connection status between the computer and the printer. Confirm that the devices are connected properly with each other.
You also need to make sure that there are no problems in the network. Check the USB cable you are using to connect the system and printer.
Afterward, restart the printer. Turn the printer off completely and disconnect the power cable from the power source. Wait for a few minutes. Then, replug the cord back into the printer and power it On.
Now, you should check if the printer starts to print normally.
Fix 2: Set the Printer as Default
While trying to print a document or picture, the system will assign the printing job to the default printer. So, if your printer fails to do a particular job, then you have to set it as your default printer.
How to Set the Printer as Default?
- In the beginning, hit the R and Win key simultaneously from the keyboard to invoke the Run Command box.
- Then, you need to type “control” in the box and hit the Enter key to navigate to your target page (else, you can also tap on the OK button). As a result, it will navigate you to the Control Panel.
- Now, go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ category.
- Right-click on the printer’s name by going to the Printers section. Then, choose the ‘Set as default printer’ option from the next page.
- Afterward, tap on the Yes button from the pop-up box.
Once you set the printer as a default printer, you will see a tick at the corner of the printer icon. It indicates that the printer is now set as a default printer.
Now, you should try to print a document to check if the issue is sorted out. Else, you should perform the next procedure.
Fix 3: Cancel All the Printing Jobs
Another possible reason behind the ‘printer not printing black’ issue is the print queue. If the print queue of your printer stops to function normally, then it may lead to this issue.
You can solve this by clearing all the printing task. To do that, you should perform the steps as follows:
- First and foremost, perform the first 3 steps of the previous solution to go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ category.
- Then, go to the Printers section and right-click on the name of your printer. Choose the ‘See what’s printing’ from the list of options.
- Now, you should open the Printer menu. Then, choose the ‘Open As Administrator’ option from the list.
- Afterward, again open the Printer menu. But, this time, you have to choose the ‘Cancel All Documents’ option instead of ‘Open As Administrator’ option.
- Tap on the Yes button to confirm the action.
After canceling all the printing task, you should check if the printer starts to print properly.
Fix 4: Check the Status of the Printer
First, you have to make sure that the printer has enough paper, toner, or ink, and there is no paper jam or paper stuck issue. Afterward, check the status of the ink cartridges of the printer.
If you see that the cartridges are not good enough to continue the printing task, then you can replace them.
Sometimes, it also happens that the printer doesn’t print even after replacing the ink cartridges. At this junctures, you should install the original cartridges and check if the issue resolves.
In the above guide, we have provided 4 easy solutions in case Printer not printing. If the first three methods failed to provide your desired result, then you can also perform the last method to troubleshoot this issue. All the methods discussed are foolproof and quite easy to perform and will eliminate all troubles easily.