For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
The Print Head Alignment issues are one of the most common and frustrating problems for the Canon printers users. Whenever issues arise into the Print Head section of the printer, the user is unable to print any documents properly.
Most of the time, the Print Head Alignment issues are connected with simple setting misconfigurations of the Canon printer. However, in some situations, the Print Head issues are triggered by serious hardware and software problems.
Now, if you are one of those users who is facing the Canon Print head alignment not working issue then follow this article. If you are looking for reliable solutions, then this article can be your best bet.
Main Causes of the Canon Print Head Alignment Not Working
There are many types of problematic factors which may cause the Print Head Alignment issue in the Canon Pixma Pro 100. Have a look at them.
- Setting misconfiguration problems.
- Paper Jam
- Dirty or clogged ink cartridges.
- Improper printing values.
- Faulty hardware parts
Now, if you have analyzed all the possible causes behind the Canon Pixma Pro 100 print head alignment not working issue, then let’s have a look at the solutions.
3 Primary Ways to Fix the Canon Print Head Alignment Not Working
In this section, we have provided all the necessary steps to mitigate the Print Head Alignment issue of the Canon printer. Have a look at those solutions and try to use them as instructed.
Check For the Common Issue and Rectify Them
There are various common problems which may create the Print Head Alignment issues on your Canon printer. Hence, you should check those problems first and resolve them at the earliest.
Here, we have provided those common problems with the necessary solutions. Have a look:
- Most of the time, the Print Head Alignment issues are caused due to paper jams. Therefore, when you encounter this issue for the first time you should remove the stuck paper.
Now if you are unable to remove the struck papers, then use the air blower.
- After the paper jam problem, the next thing you should check is the cartridges of your Canon printer. If they are dirty or clogged, then replace them as soon as possible.
Once you have verified and resolved these basic problems, try to run a Print Test on your Canon. This will help you to check the status of the Print Head Alignment issue.
Use the Printers and Devices Alignment Utility
After trying out the given solutions, if you are still encountering the Print Head Alignment issue in your Canon printer, then use the “Printers and Devices Alignment Utility” to fix it. Now, to activate the tool on the system follows the given steps.
- Click on the Start icon and type “Devices and Printers” in the search box.
- Then, click on the first shortcut option which appears in the result section. This will open the “Devices and Printers” window on the screen.
- In that window, you need to locate your Canon printer icon and right click on it. The context menu will come up on the screen.
- In that menu, you will get the Printing Preferences option. Click on it.
- Now, a new window will appear on the screen. In that window, you need to tap on the Maintenance tab and then click on the Custom Settings option.
- A dialog box will come up on the screen. In that box, you need to check the box beside the Align Head Manually option. And then click on the Apply button.
- A confirmation box will pop-up on the screen. On that screen, click on the OK button.
- Now, again go to the Maintenance tab and tap on the Print Head Alignment option. Instantly, the Start Print Head Alignment dialog box will come up on the screen.
- Once you get that box, load some appropriate size papers in your Canon printer and run a few printing tests on it.
While doing those tests, make sure you have entered the correct printing values and printing designs in your printer. Lastly, check whether the error persists or not.
Align the Print Head Manually
Now, if you want to align the Print Head of your Canon printer manually then follow the given steps:
- Insert the papers into the Canon printer’s tray and then tap on the Maintenance button.
- Now, press the “Black or Color copy” button in order to print an alignment sheet for the print head.
- After doing that, open the scanning bed lid and place alignment sheet (face down) on the bed. Then, place the alignment sheet appropriately and close the scanning bed lid.
- Now, press the Maintenance button and then hit the Black Copy button to align the printhead.
Once you complete that task, give you Canon printer some printing commands in order to check for the Print Head alignment issue.
If even after trying out all the given solutions, you are unable to remove this issue, then it is quite possible that your printer is enduring some major hardware problems. And in order to resolve those the most efficient and effective way is to contact a technical expert.
We hope our suggestions are helpful enough to fix Canon Pixma Pro 100 Print head alignment not working issue. For more information on this topic or any other tech-related stuff keep following our upcoming articles.