For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Eliminate The Dell Printer Error 1203 With Quick Recovery Methods
If you are a Dell printer user, then you might know that Dell printer error 1203 is a common problem. The problem can occur because of various reasons. But, the ink cartridges is one of the root causes behind this error.
This error message denotes that you need to replace the ink cartridge at the earliest. Often due to overflowing of the ink from the cartridge, error messages may appear.
If you are experiencing this error, then this guide will help you to get rid of the situation. In this guide, we are going to provide you effective solutions that can help you to resolve the problem.
How to fix Error 1203 on Dell Printers?
This is basically a commonly asked question. We have tried to provide the essential means that can help you to resolve the problem. Go through the article and mitigate all the glitches at the earliest.
Fix 1: Replace the Ink Cartridges
The problem can be fixed by replacing the ink cartridges of the Dell printer. The following procedure will help you to do so.
- At first, turn On the Dell printer and lift up the scanner unit.
- Remove the cartridges from its packaging.
- Twist the color cartridges, twist the cartridge cap in the appropriate direction until the seal breaks.
- After that, insert the cartridge into the slot at an angle and match the color of the cartridge with the color tab as shown on the slot.
- Then, press and slide the cartridge until you hear a click sound.
- You should follow the same steps for the other cartridges as well.
Note: You should always remember that pressing the cartridge in the middle or towards the top will make it harder to install. Thus, it might not snap incorrectly into the slot.
Now, close the scanner unit and try to print using your Dell printer. This will help you to verify the status of the error.
Fix 2: Clean the Ink Cartridge Contacts
Clean the ink cartridges contacts to get rid of the issue. Here, are the steps that can help you to do so.
- At first, turn Off the Dell Printer and unplug all the power supplies from the printer.
- Uncover the top of the printer. Then, remove the cartridge carrier from the middle of the printer with the help of a carrier belt.
- Thereafter, you need to remove the print cartridges.
- Hold a clean cotton cloth in the nozzle for a few seconds or more. Then, wipe it out gently.
- Take another clean cotton cloth and hold the cloth gently on the cartridge contacts. Then, wipe out all the debris and dust from it gently.
- After that, leave the nozzles and contacts for a few moments. Then, reinsert the print cartridges.
Now, you will be able to use the printer. Finally, you can check if the error still persists or not.
Fix 3: Use the PC Repair Troubleshooter
The PC repair troubleshooter is a built-in tool of the system. This troubleshooter helps you to eliminate any kind of hardware related issues with the computer. If you don’t know how to use it, then here are the procedure for you.
- At first, go to the Start menu.
- Click on the Settings option and select the “Update and Security” option.
- Now, choose the Troubleshoot button. Otherwise, you can select the Find Troubleshooters option.
- Choose your troubleshooting type and click on the “Run the troubleshooter” option.
- Click on the Yes or OK button to confirm your task.
- Then, answer any of the questions that are asked by the onscreen prompts.
If these steps do not serve the purpose and you get a message saying “no changes made” or “updates are necessary”, then move on to the next method.
Fix 4: Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer Driver
If the error code 1203 still remains the same, then you should uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. This will additionally help you to get an updated version of the printer driver.
How to Uninstall a Printer Driver?
If you want to uninstall the printer driver, then you should follow the steps that are given below.
- At first, press the Win key + R button from the keyboard. This will help you to evoke the Run dialog box on the computer screen.
- Write down “printmanagement.msc” in the appearing dialog box and click on the OK button. Otherwise, you can press the Enter key.
- The Print Servers will appear on the computer screen. Now, you should open the local print server for your computer.
- Click on the Driver option which is located at the left-hand side of the Print Management screen.
- Then, choose the drivers that you need uninstall. And right click on it.
- Thereafter, click on the Remove Drive Package option.
- Select the Delete option and click on the OK button to confirm your task. Now, close the Print Management window.
How to Reinstall a Printer Driver?
To reinstall the printer driver you should follow the steps that are given below.
- At first, open the Start menu and click on the search box. Then, type “Control Panel” in the search box and hit the Enter button.
- Click on the “Hardware and sound” option, then click on the Printers button.
- Choose the driver that you need to install in your device and right click on it and select the “Run as administrator” option.
- After that, click on the Properties button and select the Advanced option.
- Then, choose the New Driver tab and follow the onscreen prompts and install the driver.
The new driver that gets installed will be an updated version. And, this will eliminate the printer issue at the earliest.
Through this article, we are trying to present all the possible solutions that can help you to fix the Dell printer error 1203. However, if you face any difficulties while performing the methods, then place a comment below. If none of the methods helps you to troubleshoot the error, then you contact the experts.
Leave a Comment