For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Epson error code 0x97 is one of the most troublesome error code which can occur at any time without any warning or signs.
This error code generally strikes with an error note on your printer’s screen that says “turn the printer off and on again”.
This issue mainly occurs due to hardware faults or other internal concerns which is quite difficult to find out.
So, if you are one of those unfortunate and looking for a permanent solution to overcome this error permanently, then you have come to the right page.
In this content, we will elaborate all the prime suspects and the probable causes to end up this Epson error 0x97 in minutes.
Some Prime Causes for Epson Error Code 0x97:
If you are encountering the Epson printer error code 0x97, then this might occur due to several reasons.
In most of the cases, this error code occurs due to the printer’s poor connectivity or the server connection.
Sometimes, if you are utilizing the outdated printer’s driver or if the driver goes corrupted, then it will result in error code 0x97.
Sticking up the printing jobs to the server is another prime suspect for this error code.
However, we have enough solutions to eliminate this Epson error code 0x97 that we will discuss in the next segment.
Excellent Methods to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97:
We have provided a list of all the effective methods in order to eliminate Epson printer error code 0x97.
You can perform either one of these methods or all of them until you get back the printer as earlier.
Method 1: Check your Epson Printer’s Connectivity
Checking the printer’s connection is the first and foremost method to eliminate this error code 0x97 on your printing device.
If the connections are arranged in an abnormal way, then it will end in this error code.
Go through the steps below to check all the connections of your Epson printer.
- At first, check all the cable connections of your printer if they are correctly joined into the device. If it is not connected well, reconnect all the cables properly and connect the device directly to the computer without using a hub.
- Reconnect the printer into a different USB or with a different cord to verify whether it serves you.
- Check your Network bond as well as Network tools and if it is not attached accurately, reconnect all the elements correctly.
- Review the Network cable and check the Home network properly.
After checking all the wired and wireless connections, restart the machine and observe if the issue is resolved or still there.
If still, the error code 0x97 persists, try another solution below.
Method 2: Update the Epson Printer Driver to a Newer Version
If you are using an outdated version of the printer driver or if the driver goes corrupted, then it might result in error 0x97.
Hence, go through the steps below in order to update the printer driver.
- At first, turn on your computer and press the Windows button. Type Device Manager in the search panel.
- Select the first result from the list to begin the action and expand the category with the hardware you desire to update.
- Now, right-click on the printer driver that you want to update and select the Update Driver option from the list.
- Click on Browse my computer for driver software option and agree on the Browse title at the very bottom of the panel.
- Browse and select the main folder where you have extracted the application file earlier. Then, click on OK to proceed next.
- Click on the Include Subfolders to allow the Wizard. After that, click on the Next button to begin the Download process.
When the download completes, it will automatically redirect you to the Installation Server page. Click on Extract and then on Next to continue the installation process.
After that, tick the box to accept all the Terms and Conditions. Now, click on Next until the installation begins.
At last, click on Finish when the driver installation completes for your Epson printer.
After completing all the above steps accurately, restart your both the computer and printer and try printing again.
If the issue still persists and the printer won’t print, try another solution below.
Method 3: Clear All the Print Jobs Using the Run Command
Sometimes, the print queue gets stuck with the server which results in Epson printer error 0x97 issue.
Hence, you need to clear all the printing jobs to get back your printer in working state as earlier.
- Turn on your computer and press the Windows+R key at the same time on your keyboard to open Run box.
- Type “services.msc” in the command box. Then, tap on the Enter key or click the OK button to proceed next.
- Navigate to the Print Spooler service from the list and double-click on the option to open the action.
- After that, when a new window opens. Agree on the Stop button and then tick on OK.
- Minimize the Services window and open the File Explorer by pressing the Windows+E key on your keyboard.
- Copy and paste the following “%windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS” into the Address bar. Tap the Enter key to go to that folder where the print jobs are stored.
- Select all the print jobs by pressing the Ctrl+A on your keyboard and right-click on the files.
- Select the Delete option from the list and restore the services window.
- Double-click the Print Spooler service and click on the Start button after when the service gets started.
- Now, click on OK to save the changes and close all the opened tabs and windows.
After completing all the above steps correctly, restart your computer and try printing again via your Epson printer.
If you find this method a little challenging, you can get in touch with an expert to resolve this issue.
We have shared all the effective hacks to get rid of Epson error code 0x97 in minutes.
In case, the issue still remains and the printer is still not printing, then there might be some other hardware issues.
In that case, you can take an expert’s advice to get back the printer in working state as earlier.
At last, give your response below in the comment box and help us to know about your feedback.