For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Epson Printer Doesn’t Print Black: Here are the 2 Easy Fixes
If you note that your Epson printer doesn’t print black, then you just need to follow a proper guide to resolve the problem. The problem primarily crops up when you fail to change the cartridge as soon as the low ink notification appears.
Often, the air gets struck within the nozzles and thus blocks the air flow. Before you proceed to change the entire cartridge you must verify the root cause. This helps you to prevent any subsequent errors within the printer.
This article is going to provide you all the possible fixes that can help you to overcome the Epson printer not printing black issues. So, go through this guide and opt for the best-suited measure.
How to Fix Epson Printer Doesn’t Print Black Ink?
Here are the steps that can help you to mitigate your query on why your Epson printer doesn’t print black ink? Go through the steps that are written below.
Solution 1: Verify the Ink Cartridge
Sometimes, the problem might appear due to a minor glitch within the ink cartridges. So, you should verify your ink cartridges at first. The following tips will guide you to check the ink cartridges.
- First, you should check if the ink cartridges are low or empty and note the estimated ink levels. If you find there is insufficient ink, then you should replace the ink cartridges.
- Check if there is any breakage of the ink cartridges. You should also check if the ink cartridges are properly installed in the slots or not.
- Sometimes, if the tape is not removed from the vent of a new cartridge, problems can crop up.
- Verify if the ink cartridges are clogged or not. If you find any blockages, then remove the clog from the vent with help of a pin.
Solution 2: Disconnect the Printer from the Power Outlet and Reconnect it
To get rid of the problem you should disconnect and again, reconnect the power cord to the printer. Follow the steps that are written below.
- At first, disable the Epson printer and unplug the device from all the power sources.
- Then, again plug in all the power sources with the printing device.
- Now, turn your computer On and check if the problem is resolved or not.
- You can print a Test page to test the functionality of your Epson printer.
How to Print a Test Page on Epson Printer?
You should try to use the “Print test page” option to check if the error is resolved. The steps that are written below will help you.
- At first, go to the taskbar and click on the Search box. Then, write down “Devices and Printer” in the blank box and hit the Enter button from your keyboard.
- Open the Control Panel and select the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Thereafter, move the cursor to the Printer option and right click on it. Otherwise, you can touch or hold down the Printer button.
- Click on the Printer Properties and select the Print Test Page option, under the general tab.
Through this article, we have tried to provide you all the possible solutions that can help you if the Epson printer doesn’t print black. You should try all these methods.
If you face any difficulties while performing these methods, then you can comment in the feedback section. However, if the problem remains persistent, then you should take the guidance of an expert.
Leave a Comment