For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
To get smooth and clear prints, Epson printers fulfill all the demands. Despite its popularity, Epson printers have some technical issues. And, one such issue is Epson printer not connected.
This stalls the printing job which you want to get done. In case you are searching for any solution to fix this issue, then you can end your search here.
Here, in this article, you will get the solutions to fix this annoying issue at the earliest. Moreover, you will also get the causes that lead to this issue. Therefore, proceed to the following section of the article.
Fundamental Causes why Epson Printer is Not Connected to the System
Therefore, follow this section to learn the causes of this issue. Knowing the causes before performing the methods helps to fix the issue in an easier manner. Hence, you can now have a look at the points that are listed below:
- Corrupt or out of date Epson Printer Driver can lead to the issue.
- In case the connection between the Epson printer and the system is weak or snapped, then also the issue can occur.
- Overloading printer with too many prints jobs can also lead to the issue.
- Incorrect printer configuration is also a reason for the issue to occur.
- If the printer spooler service is working properly, then also you can encounter this issue.
Fix the Epson Printer not Found Issue: Easy Technical Troubleshooting
After you figure out the cause of the issue, perform the method that seems most appropriate to you. However, if you perform all the steps, it will ensure that the issue is resolved.
Hence, have a look at the methods that we have elaborated for you.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting
Initially, you can try out some basic steps. Follow the basic steps that we have mentioned here:
- First things first, if you are using an USB-based Epson printer, try to check if the USB is connected properly. Make sure that it is properly seated.
- Additionally, check if the USB cable is damaged and whether the USB ports are clean.
- Also, try to connect the Epson printer directly to the computer without using any USB hub.
- In another case, use different USB ports and USB cables to connect the Epson printer to the system.
- For the wireless Epson printer, check if the wireless connection and network devices like the router and the modem are working properly.
After checking all these things, see that if it resolves the issue. However, if this does not help, then continue with the other methods.
Method 2: Update the Epson Printer Driver
In case you are using an outdated Epson Printer Driver, then you get this issue. If this is the case, then you have to update the Printer Driver to its latest version.
- Open Device Manager from the Start menu.
- As the Device Manager window opens, search for the Epson Printer Driver.
- On finding it, right-click on it. Now, click on the Update Driver Software option from the drop-down list.
- After that, click on the first option in that window.
- Now, wait for the driver update process to finish.
- Once done, check if you can connect your Epson printer to the system or not.
Method 3: Run the Epson Printer Troubleshooter Tool
Windows Troubleshooter is an inbuilt tool that is capable of resolving any issues with the system. Therefore, you can also try out this tool in order to fix the printer related issue.
Here go the steps to do so:
- First of all, press the Windows logo key and then type ‘troubleshooter’ in the search box.
- After that, click on the Troubleshoot option from the results.
- Now, find and click on the Printer option from the list. After that, click on the Run the Troubleshooter button.
- Next, follow all the on-screen prompts to finish the troubleshooting process.
- Finally, check if the issue still persists or not.
Method 4: Restart the Print Spooler Service
The Print Spooler Service on your system keeps a record and manages all your print jobs. This service acts as a bridge between the printer and the system. However, if this Print Spooler Service fails to work properly, then the Epson printer might not respond.
Therefore, you must reset or restart the service. The following steps will help you:
- First of all, press the Windows logo key and the R key at the same time.
- As the Run box appears, type ‘services.msc’ and then hit the Enter key.
- Once Windows Services opens, locate the Print Spooler option from the list.
- In case the service is running, then you have to right-click on it. Then, click on the Stop option.
- After that, right-click on it and then click on the Start option in order to restart the service.
- If the service is not running, then right-click on it and then click on the Start option.
- Once done, close all the active windows and then restart your system.
- Check if the Epson printer is connecting or not.
Method 5: Manually Setup and Connect your Wireless Epson Printer
If you are using a wireless Epson printer, then you can follow this method. Manual setup can resolve connection problems at times.
- First, find the WiFi Connection option.
- On finding it, enter the password of the wireless connection. Also, make sure that both the printer and the system are connected to the same network.
- Open the Start menu and then click on the Settings icon.
- Click on the Device option and then proceed to the Printers and Scanners tab.
- In the next step, click on Add a printer or scanner.
- As your printer’s name pops up, click on the Add Device button.
- Finally, you can take a test printout to check if the issue is fixed or not.
We hope that these methods will be able to fix the Epson printer not connected issue. However, in case you are still stuck with the same issue, then don’t panic.
Instead, you can get back to us through the comments section. Or go for guidance from the experts.