For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Paper jams are a common scenario that almost every printer user faces one time or the other. Epson printer paper jams can occur due to several reasons. The causes responsible for this issue are mainly mechanical malfunction of the device itself.
Paper jams occur when a paper gets stuck into the loading tray. Paper jams can even occur at the rear of the printer device. Moreover, the paper jam issue can also occur below the front cover.
A malfunction in the printer carriage, in most cases, is responsible for this error.
So, if you are facing this issue on your Epson printer and want to resolve it quickly, then you can follow this article. Here, we have provided methods to resolve this issue and explained them in a step by step manner.
Hence, follow this article to the end to learn more and apply the fixes to resolve this glitch quickly and effectively.
Solutions to Resolve the Epson Printer Paper Jam Issue
In this section, we will discuss several methods that will help you to resolve this issue. Hence, follow the methods given underneath and apply them one by one to get your Epson printer free from any paper jams.
Remove the Paper from the Rear of the Printer
Sometimes, you can get the paper jam within the Epson printer on the rear. Below, we have discussed the steps on how to clear the paper jam from the rear.
- First, find a latch at the rear of the printer and then turn that to open the rear panel.
- Then, locate the jammed paper and then carefully take it out.
- After that, check if there are any bits of paper left or not. If there are some paper bits left, then clear them.
- Finally, replace and lock the rear panel into the printer and try to print a document.
Take Out the Jammed Paper from the Front Cover
In this subsection, we will discuss the steps to get rid of the jammed paper from the front cover of the printer. Follow the steps below.
- First, shut down the printer and then take out the power cable from the wall socket.
- After that, open the front lid of the printer to reveal all the internal components of the device.
- Now, try to locate the jammed paper on the print roller of the device. If there is a paper wrapped around the roller improperly, try to pull that out of the printer very slowly and carefully.
- Now, inspect the print head and roller for any crumpled pieces of paper and remove them.
- At last, power on the printer and then attempt to print a document and see if the error is fixed permanently or not.
Inspect the Movement of Printer Carriage
This subsection consists of the steps that will help you inspect the free movement of the printer carriage.
- First, press the Power button and shut down the printer. Then unplug the cable from the wall socket.
- Now, check to see whether the print head or carriage is completely on the right edge of the printer.
- Next, take the ink cartridges out from the printer. Then, if there is any kind of paper inside the loading tray, then pull it out without removing the tray.
- After that, take the double-sided module for printing. Next, turn the rollers and check if those components are moving freely below the print carriages.
- If the movement is free, then put back both the components: double-sided printing module and the ink cartridges back into their proper places.
- Lastly, power on the printer and then print something to check whether this error is still present or not.
Takeout the Paper Stuck Within the Loading Tray
In this subsection, we will discuss the instructions on how to take out the crumpled paper present within the loading tray of the Epson printer. Follow the steps below.
- First, locate the loading tray of the Epson printer and then remove any paper from it.
- Now, find the control panel at the front of the device and then hit the ‘Resume’ button.
- After that, if there’s any paper stuck in the loading tray, then takeout a single step at a time from the middle carefully and slowly.
- If there are any torn pieces of paper then get rid of them.
- Finally, attempt to print a document and see if this error is resolved or not.
In order to fix the paper jam error on the Epson printer, you need to follow the methods present in this article carefully and minutely.
But, if even after following each and every steps and procedure, the paper jam issue does not get resolved on your Epson printer, then, do not worry a bit. Just provide us with the important details of the problem that you are facing in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.
If any of the methods look too complicated, or you simply want to avoid the hassles of carrying out a technical fix by yourself, you can always connect with a reliable technician.