For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Ricoh printer not recognizing new toner cartridge is one of the most reported problems. The problem mainly appears when the users try to change or replace the empty cartridges. If you are not accustomed to the proper process, then minor glitches can subsequently lead cartridge’s workability failure.
There are various reasons for this issue. The problem may occur if the ink cartridges are not inserted properly. Or, if you haven’t removed the strips of the cartridges before inserting.
If you want to know how to make the new toner cartridge recognizable, then go through this article. If you are experiencing any of these troubles, then you should go through this guide. This will help you to know all the possible recoveries that can help you to resolve the problem.
Easy Fixes for Ricoh Printer Not Recognizing New Toner Cartridge
Through this article, we are going to provide you some effective solutions that can help you to fix Ricoh printer not recognizing new toner cartridge. Follow the methods and get rid of the problem easily.
Method 1: Insert a New Cartridge
The problem could be resolved by inserting an ink new cartridge in the printer. Here, are the steps that can help.
- At first, open the front panel of the Ricoh printer and lift the green colored handle. Then, push the lever at one side and pull out the trader bottle.
- Remove the new toner from its packaging.
- Thereafter, unscrew the protective cap and insert the new toner into the tray.
- Now, slide it into the machine until it clicks as you push down the handle.
- After that, close the front panel, and check if the new cartridge is recognizable for not.
Method 2: Remove the Protective Strips
Sometimes, you can get an error message, in case you fail to remove the protective strips or the plastic cover. So, you should check the plastic cover before inserting the cartridge.
If you find that the cover is attached with your new ink cartridge, then pull the plastic cover and then insert it. This process can help you to resolve the problem. But, if the error is associated with any software glitch, then you need to verify that at first.
Method 3: Update the Printer Driver
The problem can be fixed by updating the printer driver. So, you should update the printer driver and follow the instructions which are described below.
- At first, open the Start menu and click on the Search box. Then, write down “Control Panel” and hit the Enter button from the keyboard.
- Then, click on the named option from the appearing list of results.
- After that, click on the “Hardware and Sound” option and select the Device Manager option.
- Choose the category of the driver that you want to update and right click on the driver.
- Click on the Update Driver from the appearing pop-up menu.
- Thereafter, click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” button.
- If Windows 10 Operating System is unable to find the latest version of your printer driver, then go to the manufacturer website.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and find the latest update. Then, click on the Update button and wait for a few minutes to complete the updating procedure.
This will help you to fix the problem at once. However, if you want an alternative method then move to the next section.
How to Update the Printer Firmware?
Follow the steps that are written below to update the printer firmware.
- At first, turn on your printer, and plug into the power sockets.
- Log in to your computer while using the admin password.
- Visit the manufacturer’s website to download the latest version of the firmware. You just need to select the firmware version before downloading it.
- Then, double click on the file of the firmware to begin with the installation procedure.
- Now, follow the instruction and the onscreen prompts by clicking on the Update option.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the updating procedure.
Lastly, check if the Ricoh printer not recognizing new toner cartridge issue is resolved or not.
Through this article, we have tried to provide you all the possible solutions that can help you to fix the issue with Richo printer. Try the methods that we have mentioned in the above part of the article and get rid of the problem easily.
If you feel any difficulties while performing these methods, then you can leave a comment below. If none of these solutions are able to resolve the problem, then you should contact the experts.