For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Ricoh is well known for producing electronic devices like photocopiers, fax machines, and also printers. The print quality of Ricoh printers is very good. But, sometimes, while taking printouts from, it shows Ricoh printer offline.
This issue mainly prevails in the Windows 10 Operating System. However, there are some reasons that lead to this issue.
So, here, in this article, we will give you instruction to perform some methods to fix this printer offline issue. Hence, proceed to check out the causes of this issue with the solutions.
Common Reasons for the Ricoh Printer Offline Issue
Knowing the causes of the issue before proceeding with the solution will help you to fix the problem easily. Hence, try to follow up with the reasons:
- For the wired printer, if the connection of the USB cable is loose, then the issue can occur.
- In the case of wireless printers, if the wireless network is somehow not working, then also the issue can persist.
- Also, if you are using an outdated or corrupted Printer Driver, then you encounter the issue.
- Any hardware problems with the printer can also lead to the issue.
- Also, if the Print Spooler service somehow develops a snag, then the issue occurs.
Now, as you have some knowledge about the causes, proceed to the solution part.
Solutions to Fix the Ricoh Printer is Offline on Windows 10
We suggest you perform all the steps given here. And, we assure you that the situation will remain under control.
So, now, have a look at the solutions that we have discussed for you.
Solution 1: Change the Ricoh Printer Settings
Any incorrect settings of your Ricoh printer can stop all your printing jobs. Hence, you have to fix the incorrect settings in order to resolve the issue.
So, proceed with the steps that are listed here:
- First of all, open the Start menu and then open the Control Panel.
- As the Control Panel window opens, navigate to the Devices and Printers section.
- As the new window opens, you have to make sure that the Ricoh printer is set as the default one.
- After that, right-click on the default printer and then choose the See what’s Printing option.
- In case you find any unfinished tasks, remove all of them.
- Now, from the queue, select the Printer option and then uncheck the Use Printer Offline option.
- After doing this, save all the changes. Then, reboot both the system and the printer.
- As both the devices restart, connect them and then try to check if the offline issue is gone or not.
Solution 2: Change the Ricoh Printer Properties
According to some users, changing some of the properties of the Ricoh printer helped them to fix the issue easily. Hence, you can also try to change the printer’s properties.
The steps to perform are provided here:
- Open Control Panel from the search bar. Now, from the results, choose the Control Panel option.
- Once the Control Panel window opens, you have to proceed to the Devices and Printers section.
- In the next window, right-click on the printer that you are using and then click on the Printer Properties option.
- After that, go to the Ports tab in the Printer Properties window.
- Now, select the printer’s IP address from the list. After that, click on the Configure Port button.
- In the next step, uncheck the box beside the SNMP Status Enabled option.
- Finally, click on the OK button in order to save changes.
- After that, check if the Ricoh printer is still in the offline state or not.
Solution 3: Restart the Print Spooler Service
An error in the Print Spooler Service of the system can make your printer go offline. Hence, restart the service from your system.
These steps will help you with the process:
- First, open the Run box using the Windows logo key and the R key at the same time.
- As the Run box opens, you have to type services.msc and then click on the OK button.
- This action will open the Windows Services window. Now, here, locate the Print Spooler Service and then right-click on it.
- Now, choose the Restart option from the list.
- After doing this, check if the printer is in an offline state or not.
Solution 4: Update the Ricoh Printer Driver
Updating the Printer Driver from time to time helps to increase the performance of the printer. However, if you haven’t updated the Ricoh printer for a while, then the issue can occur.
Hence, carry out the steps in order to update the Printer Driver:
- From the Start menu, open Device Manager.
- As the Device Manager window opens, you have to locate the Ricoh Printer Driver from the list of devices.
- On finding the driver, right-click on it. Then, select the Update driver software option.
- In the next window, click on the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Now, the driver install. Then, restart your system.
- Finally, as the system reboots, proceed to check if the issue continues or not.
Solution 5: Reinstall the Ricoh Printer Driver
If updating the Ricoh Printer Driver does not resolve the issue, then try to reinstall the drivers.
- Just like the previous method, open Device Manager from the Start menu.
- Again, inside the Device Manager window, find and right-click on the Ricoh Printer Driver.
- Now, click on Uninstall and then confirm the action by clicking on the Yes button.
- Let the system uninstall the Printer Driver and then open the Ricoh printer’s official website.
- From there, download and install the latest driver.
- As the installation process completes, check if the printer becomes online or not.
Solution 6: Change Printer Channel to Ignore the Offline Message
You can ignore the Offline error message by changing the printer channel. So, carry out the steps that are discussed below:
- In the first step, open the Ricoh Print&Share and then click on the Change option. This option will be available in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Now, this will open the Profiles section. Here, select your profile name and then click on the Edit option.
- After that, click on the Channels option and then choose the Trigger Points option.
- Next, Under the Channels Requirements section, select the Print error levels option.
- In the next step, find the Offline error and then change the Error Level from Warning to None.
- Finally, click on the OK button and then close the window.
- After that, check if the Ricoh printer is still showing offline.
To conclude, here are the top solutions that you can perform in order to fix the Ricoh printer offline issue. We expect that you will not face any other issues after that.
However, if the issue persists, then you can get help from the technicians to resolve the issue.