For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
How To Connect Lexmark Printer To Computer: A Simple Guide
Printers are an absolute essential in this day, to answer to the demand for hard copies. Especially for offices, as they require a lot of these things to carry out their tasks. But it is also important in homes as well, in case you do your work from there. That is where Lexmark comes into the scene with the premium quality printers that they manufacture. If you want to find out how to connect Lexmark printer to computer, then this article is going to be the one that will help you.
Here, we have composed a complete guide that is going to help you connect your Lexmark printer to your computer. You will be able to do all of this by yourself and from your home only. Thus you will save time which you would have wasted otherwise.
Reasons to Know How to Connect Lexmark Printer to Computer
This article is going to show you how to connect Lexmark printer to computer. But before we go ahead and take a look into all of the instructions, it is important to find out why you might need to connect the Lexmark printer to your computer.
That is what we have covered in this section, so let us go ahead and have a look into this.
There are two main reasons why you might need to connect your Lexmark printer to your computer. One is that it is going to be very easy to transfer files from the computer to the printer.
Then, there is the issue of stability which is quite important when it comes to lining up print jobs. This is quite an issue when you have lined up a lot of different print jobs through the wireless medium.
So, now that you know why you need to find out why you should connect Lexmark printer to your computer, let us take a look at the steps.
How to Connect my Lexmark Printer to My Computer: The Easy Steps
Here, in this section of the article, we are going to give you all the actionable steps for this process.
- First, you will have to connect your Lexmark printer to a source of power. Then, switch it on. It is going to take a few minutes before the connection is fully active.
- On your computer, open up the web browser you use. Then from there, visit the official website of Lexmark.
- Now, when you are there on the website look for the search panel and type in your model number. Search for that from there.
- This is going to bring up the option to select your device and next to that. You are going to find the section for download.
- After this, your computer is going to reboot and you will have to continue from there.
- Once you have opened up your computer, go to the Windows Control Panel.
- Choose the Add a Printer Device option. This is going to make the computer look for any printer devices nearby.
- After it identifies your device, it is going to connect to it. And from there, you are going to be able to carry out the process.
- The Windows Settings Wizard is going to help you from there to install the connection files. You will have to follow the instructions on-screen from there.
- After you have installed all of it, wait till your computer restarts and then the connection is going to be complete.
This completes the main section of the process. Now, to secure the connection of your Lexmark printer to the computer, follow these steps.
- Open the software, and then in the first window that comes up. You are going to have to choose the language that you would want to use. There is going to be a list of languages from which you will be able to choose.
- Now, you will have to register the system after you have made the connection. This is going to make the thing work.
- When this step of the process is complete, look for the Finished button and click on it.
Finally, to bring this process to an end, you are going to have to close the Lexmark Installer window.
You will see that there is going to be a folder of Lexmark on the home screen of your desktop. This has been created when you were carrying out the installation and connection.
So, after you have done all of this, you will have to reboot your computer. From there onwards, you are going to be able to use your Lexmark printer along with your computer.
Leave a Comment