For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
If you are using an outdated version of Dell Printer Drivers, it can get incompatible with the Windows operating system. For this reason, you need to update the printer drivers so that your printer can perform its task well.
There are more than one ways, using which you can perform this action. To get detailed information about the update process, follow this article to the end.
Before proceeding with the updating procedure, make sure that you have connected your printer to the internet and the connection is working fine.
How to Update Dell Printer Drivers
Here is the complete guide using which, you will be able to carry out the update procedure on your own. Each of the procedures is equally effective and you can use any one of them to update the printer drivers.
Option 1: Update Dell Printer Drivers Using Device Manager
When you are trying to update the Dell printer driver, you can opt for Device Manager to complete the action. Follow the steps provided below.
- Firstly, open the Run box by pressing the Windows key and the R key at the same time.
- In this dialog box, type devmgmt.msc in the box and hit Enter to open the Device Manager.
- Now, you need to find and locate the Dell printer you are using.
- Next, right-click on the Dell printer and select Update Driver Software.
- Now, click on Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Now, Windows will start detecting updates automatically and will install the latest driver.
In case, you notice that Windows fails to detect the latest driver version, go through the next method.
Option 2. Download Dell Printer Drivers from Dell Website
You can also download the Dell printer driver from the official website of Dell. Try these steps:
- Firstly, go to the official website of Dell.
- After that, you need to provide your product ID or try to select your product from all of the products by clicking on View products.
- Next, you need to select the Operating System you are using.
- From the OS development dialogue, expand the drivers.
- Now, click on the Download option.
After completion of the downloading procedure, double click on the downloaded .exe file to install the driver on your computer. After completing the installation process, restart your computer to make the driver take effect.
This is a complete guide using which you will be able to update Dell printer drivers on your own. Try to follow the steps exactly as given. If you are aware of any other methods to update printer drivers, you can share that in the comment section below. For further assistance, you can always contact an expert.