For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
The Lexmark printer cannot communicate with computer can occur when you attempt to print a document. Usually, the full error message when you are unable to print using the Lexmark printer is the “Communication not Available”. There can various reasons as to why this problem occurs in the first place.
One of the most common cause is any kind of internal glitch within the printer. Further, when the Printer Spooler program has some corrupt document, then also you can encounter this problem. Moreover, if the Printer Driver is obsolete, then also there can be a possibility for you to get this problem. So, keep reading.
Solutions to Resolve the Problem “Lexmark Printer Cannot Communicate with Computer”
In this section, we provided several proven and tested steps which will aid you on rectifying the error “Lexmark printer cannot communicate with computer”.
Stop the Windows Print Spooler and Restart it
When the Windows Print Spooler program has a malfunction within it, then for that reason, you can meet with this problem. The solution to correct this issue is to first stop the Print Spooler application and then start it again.
- First, tap on the combination of the ‘Windows + R’ keys together. This will launch a new Run dialog box.
- Inside that dialog box, go to the blank text area and type “services.msc” that is present just beside the label ‘Open:’. Then, press the button ‘OK’.
- At this moment, a new window will come up with a name ‘Services’. In this window, there will be services of all the applications installed on the computer on a list.
- From that list, locate and then choose the ‘Print Spooler’ service. After that, right-click on the service and then select the ‘Properties’ option from the popup menu.
- Once a new window comes up that has the name ‘Print Spooler Properties (Local Computer), then tap on the ‘General’ tab.
- Under that tab, go the bottom section with a name ‘Service status’. Now, if the value of this section is ‘Started’, then tap on the ‘Stop’ button to deactivate this service. Otherwise, tap on the ‘Start’ and then ‘Stop’ button respectively. Next, select the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, once again, open the print spooler service properties window. Then, move to the ‘Service status:’ section and choose the ‘Start’ button to initiate this service.
- Finally, tap on the ‘OK’ button and restart the computer to confirm any changes to the device.
Update the Printer Driver
When the driver of the printer is not up to date, then there is a chance for you to encounter the problem “Lexmark printer cannot communicate with computer Windows 10”. The answer to easily resolve this issue to update the driver software. In order to do that, follow the steps beneath.
- First, shut down the Lexmark printer and disconnect it from the power source.
- Next, press both the keys “Windows + R” simultaneously to open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- After that, on the empty space right beside the label ‘Open:’ type the following text – “devmgmt.msc” and then tap on the ‘Enter’ key.
- At this moment, a new window will come up, that has a name ‘Device Manager’. Within this window, you will get devices and their driver on the list.
- From that list, find and then double-click on the device category “Print queues” to reveal the expanded list, which contains driver software. Next, from the expanded list, choose the first driver and right-click on it.
- Then, from the popup menu, select the option ‘Update driver’. Now, again a new window will come up, in it, there will be two links available. Out of those to links, choose the initial link that says “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- As soon as you tap the link present on the previous step, then automatically the Windows Operating System will search for the updates to this device driver. If there is an update available of this device driver, then that will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Then, repeat the 5th, 6th and 7th steps of this point to update all the driver software of the device category ‘Print queues’.
- Once all the driver software of this device are up to date, then restart the computer.
- Finally, check whether you can still, encounter this problem or not.
Turn the Lexmark Printer off and Restart it
When none of the above points on this section is able to solve the error “Lexmark printer cannot communicate with computer”, the feasible solution is to shut down the printer and then restart it once again. To do it, follow the steps underneath.
- First, when the printer is in the ‘Ready’ state, then tap the ‘Power’ button and keep it pressed for 5 seconds.
- After the time limit is over, then take your finger off the ‘Power’ button.
- Now, an LED Power button of the printer will blink and then after some time, that light will stop.
When you follow all the points on the previous section carefully, then you can easily resolve the “Lexmark printer cannot communicate with computer” error message. If even after following all the steps in the above section, you cannot resolve this problem, then do not worry at all. Just provide the details about the query on the comment section present at the bottom of this page.