For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Brother Printer Receiving Data Slowly: Effective Fixes
Most of the Brother printer users have reported that their Brother printer receives data slowly while trying to print a file, documents, and others and displays the error message: “Brother printer not responding”. This problem is one of the most common problems that several users have encountered.
This issue generally shows up when Windows Firewall or any security software is interfering with the printer driver.
It can happen if the Brother printer driver is corrupt or damaged.
If this issue is troubling you then this article might help you. Here you will get all the possible procedures that can help you to get rid of this issue on the system. After performing the fixes provided in this article, hopefully, you will be able to fix this problem quickly and easily.
Brother Printer Stuck on Receiving Data: Fixes to Try
Here are some of the easy procedures which you can use to solve this problem without any hassle. The undermentioned procedures are effective enough to eliminate this issue on your PC. Therefore, stick through procedures and implement them accordingly:
Procedure 1 – Run the Printer Troubleshooter
When you are receiving the Brother printer not responding message on the system, you may able to resolve this issue by running the printer troubleshooter.
If you do not know how can you do that, then follow the directions mentioned below.
- At first, hold the Windows Home button and press the I key to open the Settings window.
- When the Settings window opens, locate the Update and Security section, double-click on it.
- Go to the left panel and take the mouse to the Troubleshoot tab, select it.
- On the Troubleshoot tab, scroll the page and locate the Hardware and Devices section, click on it. After that, select the Run the Troubleshooter button to start the troubleshooting process.
Once this process is complete, reboot the system and then check if the Brother printer works correctly without any issue.
Procedure 2 – Turn Off the Windows Firewall
If the Windows Firewall is turned on then you may find that the Brother printer is stuck on receiving data.
So, you have to simply turn it off. Follow these instructions:
- Go to the Search Panel, type Control Panel and then hit the Enter key.
- From the Control Panel window, find the Windows Firewall section, click on it.
- In the Windows Firewall window, click on the Turn Windows Firewall On and Off button from the left side menu list.
- Then select the Turn Off Windows Firewall option from the Private Network Settings and Public Network Settings box.
After completing these steps, click on the OK option to save the changes. Then restart the device and then check if the issue is fixed or not.
Procedure 3 – Remove the Security Software
After disabling the Windows Firewall feature, if the issue still persists, then you need to remove the security software that is installed on your PC.
Follow these steps:
- Firstly, open the WinX menu list by right-clicking on the Windows Home button and then selecting the Settings option.
- Once you are in the Settings window, double-click on the Apps section and then select the Apps and Features tab on the left side menu list.
- When the Apps and Features window opens, scroll down the page and find your Antivirus software, select it. Then click on the Uninstall button to remove it.
Now, you will find the uninstallation process has begun. Once this process completes, restart your PC and then check whether the error message still appears or not.
Procedure 4 – Uninstall the Brother Printer Driver and Install It Again
A corrupted printer driver can also cause the Brother printer in receiving data slowly. So, you have to remove the driver and install it again properly.
To reinstall the Brother printer driver, follow the steps cited below:
- Press the Win + X buttons together to launch the WinX Menu list and choose the Device Manager application from that list.
- When the Device Manager window opens, locate the printer driver, right click on it.
- From that list, click on the Uninstall button to start the uninstallation process.
- Once the process finishes, you need to download the printer driver from the official website of the Brother printer.
- So, visit the official website of the Brother printer and find the latest version of the driver and then download it by pressing the Download button.
Once the download is complete, install the driver. When you install it you need to follow the instructions which pop-ups on the screen. After completing the installation process, reboot the device.
Procedure 5 – Restart Print Spooler Service
If the print spooler service is not running, then also you might get this error on the system. So, you need to restart this service from the system. To restart the service, follow these instructions carefully:
- First of all, hold the Windows logo button and press the R key to launch the Run dialog box. Type services.msc and then hit the Enter key or click on the OK button.
- In the Services window, find the Print Spooler service and right-click on it. After that, select the Properties option.
- From the Properties window, set the Startup type is to Automatic.
- If the service is not running, then select the Stop option. After waiting for a few seconds, select the Start option to start the service.
Once you are done with these steps, select the Apply button and then click on the OK option to save the changes.
Procedure 6 – Update the Printer Driver
If you are using an older version of the printer driver, then this Brother printer problem may arise on the system. So, you have to update the printer driver. The following steps will help you:
- From the Keyboard, press the Windows button and along with the X button to open the WinX Menu list and then choose the Device Manager button.
- Locate the Brother printer driver on the left panel and then right click on it. Select the Update Software Driver button to start the update process.
- After finishing the update process, restart the device and then check if the error is solved or not.
Procedure 7 – Check if the Printer is Properly Configured
Sometimes, this error message appears if the printer is not configured properly. So, in order to solve this issue, you need to configure this printer correctly. Follow these instructions:
- Launch the Control Panel window.
- Select the Devices and Printer section from the Control Panel window.
- From the Devices and Printer window, find the Brother Printer and right click on it. Then, select the Printer Properties button.
- In the Properties window, navigate to the Ports tab and then select the proper port of Brother printer.
- After that, click on the Apply button and then select the OK option to save it.
Procedure 8 – Install the Latest Version of the Operating System
Sometimes, updating the Operating System can resolve various problems that you encounter on the system. So, update the OS and solve this issue.
To perform this procedure, follow the directions given below:
- Go to the Settings window.
- Select the Update and Security section from the Settings window.
- From the Update and Security window, navigate to the Update tab and then select the Check for updates button to find whether any updates are available or not.
- If an update is available, then you will get an option Update, select it.
Once the update process is finished, restart the system and then check if the Brother printer works properly.
We hope, this article will help you to get rid of the problem of Brother printer receiving data slowly. This article holds some of the most effective procedures to solve this issue.
We suggest, try to attempt these procedures one-by-one and perform these steps on your PC to eliminate this problem. However, if you want to avoid the hassles of carrying out a technical fix by yourself, then you can connect to professional for assistance.
Leave a Comment