For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
One-Stop Solution To Get Rid Of Lexmark Printer Won’t Print Issue Without Hassle
Lexmark printer is famous for good quality prints and there is no doubt about its excellence and execution. However, despite its excellent features, it has some technical glitches too. Lexmark printer won’t print is one of the most common problems that the Lexmark printer users often encounter. There are several reasons responsible for this problem to occur, the primary reason is if the system’s print spooler is not working perfectly or not started. Sometimes, if the printer driver has not been updated, then you can see this error message on the device. Another reason is that due to the loose connection, it can cause this error message. Many users have reported that they are unable to print any documents, files, and others. This issue is very frustrating mainly while you are trying to print something necessary.
If you are also dealing with this issue, then you need to fix this issue and get back the printer in the normal condition. Read this article till the end and avail the information regarding the techniques to fix it.
Effective Methods to Resolve Lexmark Printer Won’t Print Problem:
In the section below, we are going to discuss the most effective methods that you can try out to resolve Lexmark printer won’t print problem on the system. Hence, perform the steps exactly as instructed below to get the best results:
Method 1 – Basic Troubleshooting Method
When you find the Lexmark mx410 de printer won’t print issue, then at first, you need to check the status of the connection between the computer and the printer. You must check whether the printer is properly connected or not. If not, then you need to shut down the computer and the printer completely. After shutting down, you need to disconnect all the connections and wait for a few seconds and then reconnect it back. After doing this, restart the printer as well as the computer by pressing the Power button. Then check whether the issue still appears or not.
Method 2 – Restart the Print Spooler Services
By restarting the print spooler services, you can fix the Lexmark printer won’t print problem on the device. To perform this method, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows button and R key to launch the Run dialog box.
- When the Run box opens, type services.msc and then select the OK button or hit the Enter key to open the Services window.
- From the Services tab, scroll down the page and find the Print Spooler services, right-click on it.
- After that, select the Restart button to start the services.
Method 3 – Set the Lexmark Printer as a Default Printer
In regular cases, the machine will indicate the printing responsibilities to default printer unless you define another on purpose. Sometimes, due to some reason, the default printer will be switched to the other printers. So, you need to accurately select the printer in order to print with the correct one. The following steps will help you to do so:
- First of all, hold the Windows button and at the same time press the X key to launch the WinX Menu list.
- From that list, you will get the Control Panel, select it.
- From the Control Panel application, double-click on the Devices and Printers section.
- In the Devices and Printers tab, right-click on the Lexmark printer. Then, choose the Set as default printer button from that list to set the default printer.
Method 4 – Cancel all Print Jobs
The print queue involves the print jobs that have failed thereby obstructing the Lexmark printer from printing smoothly. So, you have to remove all the print jobs in order to fix the Lexmark printer won’t print problem on the device. The below-provided steps will help you to do so:
- Firstly, you should go to the Search box, type Control Panel in it and then hit the Enter button.
- In the Control Panel application, you will find the Devices and Printers section, select it.
- When that window opens, you will see the Lexmark printer, right-click on it and then click on the See what’s printing button.
- Next, select the Printer to open the list. Further, click on the Open As Administrator button.
- After that, again open the Printer menu list and get an option Cancel All Documents, select it.
- Then you will see that a confirmation page will display on the screen. Select the Yes button to clear the print queue.
- Once you are done with these steps, restart the device and then try to print.
Method 5 – Update the Printer Driver
Sometimes, the faulty drivers can also cause the Lexmark printer new cartridge won’t print problem on the device. So, you have to update the printer driver and resolve this problem immediately. To solve this issue, follow the instructions carefully:
- Press Win + R keys together to open the Run box, type Device Manager and then hit the Enter key or click on the OK option.
- When the Device Manager window opens, go to the left side panel list and locate the printer driver, right-click on it.
- After that, you will get an option Update Software Driver. Select it to start the update process.
- After completing the update process, restart the system and then check whether the printer problem has eliminated or not.
Method 6 – Verify if the Printer is Compatible with the System
This is an alternative method that we have provided to solve the Lexmark printer won’t print issue on your computer. Sometimes, Lexmark printer may not work properly with the Windows system, so you need to check whether the printer is compatible with the system or not. Follow the steps instructed below to perform this action:
- Firstly, press the Windows key and S button together to open the Search box.
- Type Control Panel in the Search box and then hit the Enter button.
- Double click on the Devices and Printers option from the Control Panel list.
- After that, you can go to the Unspecified tab and check if the Lexmark printer is there or not.
Method 7 – Reinstall the Lexmark Printer Driver
If the driver is corrupted or damaged, then you can get this problem on the system. So, you have to uninstall the driver and again install it. Follow the steps cited below to do this:
- First, click on the Windows Home icon to open the WinX menu list and then choose the Device Manager application.
- When the Device Manager application opens, locate the Printer on the left side panel and right-click on it.
- From that list, click on the Remove Device button to uninstall it. After uninstalling this, you should install it on the system.
- Again, open the Control Panel application.
- From the Control panel application, select the Hardware and Sound section and then click on the Devices and Printers tab.
- In the next window, you will get the printer list to appear on the screen. After that, select the Add a printer button, a page will occur that scans for new printers. When you turn on the Lexmark printer, then the Windows start the scanning process automatically and find it.
- Once you get the printer, the system will automatically install it.
- After installing this, check whether the printer prints or not.
Method 8 – Turn off the Print in Background
By turning off the print in the background, you can easily resolve the Lexmark printer won’t print issue on the system. To disable this, follow the steps:
- Launch the Word document.
- In the Word document window, go to the File tab and select it.
- In the File window, select the Options button to open it.
- From the Word Options window, navigate to the left side list and select the Advanced tab.
- When the Advanced section, unmark the Print in background button to turn it off.
Method 9 – Print in Clean Boot Mode
By performing the clean boot for the system, it decreases the conflicts associated with the software that gives rise to the problem of the Lexmark printer won’t print on the system. This issue may be generated by the services and applications that run and start up in the background when you open the Windows system normally. To do that, go through the steps cited hereunder:
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows Home button and R key together.
- Type msconfig in the Run window and then hit the Enter button or select the OK option.
- From the System Configuration window, take the mouse to the Services tab and find the Hide all Microsoft services option, mark on it. After that, select the Disable All button.
- Next, you can go to the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager link to launch the Task Manager application.
- From the Task Manager window, move the cursor to the Services tab and right-click on one-by-one all services. Then click on the Stop button.
- After doing this, select the OK button to save it and then close the System Configuration window.
Method 10 – Start the System into Safe Mode
If the above-mentioned methods do not work out, then you can try this method to get resolved the problem of the Lexmark printer won’t print. So, you need to start the system into Safe Mode and fix this issue on the system. Follow these steps which are cited below:
- Firstly, press the Windows button and I key to launch the Settings window.
- On the Settings window, select the Update and Security section.
- From the Update and Security tab, go to the Recovery tab on the left side panel.
- In the Recovery section, navigate to the Advanced startup section.
- Then, select the Restart now button to restart the system.
- After restarting the system, you can see the Choose an Option list will appear. Choose the Troubleshoot section from that list and then select the Advanced options button.
- After that, select the Startup Settings button and then you can see the Restart button, click on it.
- Once the system restarts, you will see a list of options will show up. Select the F4 or 4 key to start the system into Safe Mode.
- After doing this, you need to try to print and then check whether the issue still is there or not.
We hope these methods will definitely help you to fix the Lexmark printer won’t print problem on the system. Go through these steps and perform them accordingly on your computer to eliminate this printer issue. Unfortunately, if you fail to perform any of the steps explained above or the problem still occurs, then come in contact with an expert to solve this problem without any hassle.
Leave a Comment