For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Have ever had difficulty with the paper feed of your printer model?
Actually, it’s not an indication of paper jam in the paper feed but another constant glitch that’s probably very common to confront. “Printer says out of paper” error is a very common issue and a lot of printer users have faced this troublesome error on their printer model.
You may also encounter such bugs on your printer model due to plenty of reasons. However, if you are stuck with the same issue and wondering how to fix it. Then, pat your back as you have dropped on the right page.
Here, in this informative post, we have enlisted some of the most effective and easiest workarounds to overcome this issue on your own. Thus, without delay let’s get into the solutions directly.
Quick and Effective Ways to Eradicate Printer Keeps Saying Out of Paper Error:
There are multiple ways by which you can easily eradicate this particular annoying technical glitch of the printer.
But, you need to perform some effective and useful methods which can ensure the optimal solution in no time.
Here, in this context, we are going to list some quick troubleshooting ways and steps which you will be able to implement in an easy way.
Way 1: Crosscheck if the Printer Spooler is Running
The spooler service of the printer accomplishes the print jobs. In case, the spooler of the printer is not running, then you need to enable it in order to eliminate the “printer keeps saying out of paper” issue.
Here is how to crosscheck if the printer spooler is in the running state:
- At first, press the Windows Logo key and R key at the same time on your keyboard. This process will invoke the Run Dialog box of the system.
- Now, write “services.msc” in the search field of the Start menu. Then, tap on the search button. Alternatively, you can press down the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now, the list of services will show up on the screen.
- You need to find Print Spooler in the list of services.
- Now, verify the status of the Print Spooler service. Then, check the status of the Print Spooler service is shown as “Started”. In case, the status of the Print Spooler service is shown “Stopped”, then right-click on the Print Spooler service. This process will open the Properties window of the Print Spooler service.
- Next, go to the General tab.
- Locate the service status in the General tab.
- Tap on the Start button under the General tab.
- Choose the Apply button.
- Lastly, tap on the Ok button to save the changes that you have made.
Way 2: Clear the Print Caches
By clearing the print caches, you can fix several printing bugs of your printer model. Moreover, this is not a troublesome task, you just need to follow some easy steps.
On this note, go through the following easy steps:
- Navigate to the web browser of the system. Open the address bar of the web browser.
- You can use any web browser as per your choice and availability.
- Enter the following web address in the address bar of the web browser.
- The web address is: ‘c:\windows\system32\spool\printers’.
- Then, tap on the Go button. Alternatively, you can press down the Enter key on your keyboard to proceed further.
- Now, you will get a list of files.
- Press the Ctrl key and A key at the same time on your keyboard to select all the files of the folder.
- After that, press down the Delete button on your keyboard. This process will delete all the selected files of the folder.
- Again, go to the web browser of the system. Open the address bar of the web browser.
- Enter the following web address in the address bar of the web browser.
- The web address is: ‘c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86‘ .
- Choose the Return key to proceed further.
At last, delete all the contents, including subfolders under the folder path. Now, you need to check your printer to see that the issue is resolved or not.
In case, “printer says out of paper” issue still persists, then it is advised to move out to the next troubleshooting method given below.
Way 3: Update the Driver of your Printer
This is the most primary and effective method to fix this “out of paper” issue of your printer. After performing this method, you can successfully eradicate several minor bugs of the printer model.
To perform this action, check out the steps below:
- Go to the Start menu and tap on it to open.
- Open the Search panel and find the Device Manager in the Start menu.
- Alternatively, press the Windows logo key and at the same time press down the S key on your keyboard. This process will invoke the Search field of the system.
- Now, write “device manager” in the search field of the Start menu. Tap on the search button or press down the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Once the Device Manager windows open, then scroll down through the page and locate the driver of your printer model. You might get this option in the left side pane of the screen.
- Right-click on the driver of your printer to select it.
- Choose the “Update Software Driver” under the list of options. Now, the system will verify to recognize that there is any update available for your system or not.
- Lastly, hit the Update option.
Now, the updating process will start. Moreover, this process may take some time to finish. Therefore, you need to wait until the entire updating process completes. Reboot the system for good measure.
At last, verify your printer model to check that the issue is settled or not.
Way 4: Reinstall the Driver of your Printer
In case, the above-stated method did not work for you, then try to reinstall the driver of your printer in order to resolve this annoying technical error of your printer model.
To reinstall the driver of your printer, follow the below steps:
- At first, go to the Start menu of the system.
- Next, choose the Control Panel option under the Start menu.
- Alternatively, you can press down the Windows Logo key + R key together on your keyboard. This process will invoke the Run Dialog box.
- Now, write “control panel” in the search panel of the Start menu. Tap on the search button. Alternatively, you can press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Choose the Programs option in the Control panel menu.
- Choose the Programs and Features option under the Programs menu.
- After that, scroll down through the page and locate the “printer driver” option. The driver of your printer model is located on the left side of the screen.
- Right-click on the driver of your printer.
- Tap on the Uninstall button from the list of options.
- Once it completes, reboot the system.
- After completing all the above-stated steps, download the latest driver for your printer model from the official website of the printer.
- Next, install the downloaded driver. You might get some on-screen prompts. Then, you need to follow the on-screen instructions carefully and complete the printer driver installing process.
Way 5: Clean out the Rollers of your Printer Model
The paper feed glitches may arise because of the accumulation of dirt in the rollers of the printer.
To clean the rollers of your printer model in a proper manner, go through the following easy steps;
- At first, you need to switch off your printer model. After that, disconnect the power cord of the printer model.
- Next, take a clean cloth or wiper and bottled clean water to clean the rollers of your printer model. Do not use the tap water or any liquid that can lead to severe damages of your printer rollers. Because the rollers are the most vital component of the printer, therefore, you need to be extra cautious while performing this method to clean out the rollers of your printer model.
- You can easily clean out the pick rollers of the printer which is at the front panel of the printer model. You can easily access the pick rollers of the printer with the relocation of the primary paper tray of the printer. However, there are several printer models that have a particular back access door by which you can clean out the rollers of your printer.
- After that, you need to wipe the rollers with a piece of clean cotton cloth and rotate the rollers of the printer upward with the help of your fingers. If your printer model is equipped with the duplexer rollers then, clean out the duplexer rollers along with the pick rollers of your printer model.
- After completing all the above-described steps, leave both the rollers of the printer to dry out for about more than an hour.
At last, reconnect the power cord of the printer and switch the printer back on if needed.
These are the most effective and easiest troubleshooting hacks by which you can easily eradicate somewhat mysterious paper has run out issues.
Hence, try the hacks explained in the solution part of this write-up and see which one is providing you the terminal troubleshooting solution in no time.
In case of further trouble, opt for professional help.