For the best assistance from Printers Support, Call us now @
Effective Methods To Solve Brother Printer Offline Issue
Brother is a quite commonly used printer brand in the world. If there is anything wrong with your printer and you are facing the printer offline issue, then you can read this article to overcome this error.
In this article, you will get detailed information on the Brother printer offline issue. Keep reading this article till the end to know the methods of solving this issue efficiently.
What Causes the Brother Printer Offline Issue?
If the power fluctuates in the printer, then this is one of the major cause which results in the offline problem of the Brother printer.
The other factors responsible for the Brother printer offline issue are as follows:
- A missing file of the Brother printer
- The outdated driver of the printer
- Inappropriate printer settings
No matter, whatever be the cause responsible for the occurrence of this issue, check out the methods listed below to resolve this error.
Further, apply these methods accordingly as it is being arranged here.
Fix Brother Printer Offline Issue with Effective Methods
To get rid of the printer offline issue from your Brother printer, try out the methods discussed below:
Method 1: Reconnect and Restart the Printer
If the wire connections of the printer are not appropriately done, then the printer may not work properly and thus displays the printer offline error message on the screen.
If this is the case, then to solve this issue, you need to go through the below steps:
- Firstly, turn off your Brother printer.
- After that, pull out all the cables which are connected with the printer and that are removable.
- Pull out both the ends of the ethernet cable which connects the printer device with the internet.
- Next, wait for a few seconds. It is better to tap down the Power button of the printer after removing it from the Power source. This is to ensure no power is left inside the printer.
- After that, reconnect all the cables of the printer back in their according locations. You can take the help of the manual which comes with the Brother printer to join the cables in their assigned ports.
- Further, turn on the printer and the required devices for a printing purpose.
- Now, try to print a document, and then check if the issue still persists or not.
Method 2: Set your Brother Printer as Default
According to a few users, by setting the Brother printer as default, the printer offline problem gets resolved.
To set your printer as the default, proceed with the below steps:
- Press down both the Windows and the letter R key at a time. This will open the Run bar window near the Windows logo.
- After that, make sure no command is left in the Run bar. If any command is present in the Run bar, remove that by using the Backspace key.
- Next, in the Run bar type control.
- Then, click on the OK button or hit the Enter button to get the Control Panel window on the screen.
- Now, make sure that the View by section of the Control Panel is set as “Large icons”. If it was not already set, in that case, you need to open the menu for View by and then select Large icons from the list.
- Further, under the Control Panel window, select “Devices and Printers”.
- Then, from the available printers under the Printers section, right-click on your Brother printer.
- After that, from the Menu window, select the “Set as default printer” option.
- At last, try to print a document to check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Method 3: Use the “See what’s printing” Option
The most effective method to fix the printer offline issue is by utilizing the “See what’s printing” option.
Follow the steps below to perform this method of solving this particular issue.
- Follow steps from 1 to 6 of the “Set your Brother Printer as Default” method.
- Then, from this window, right-click on your Brother printer which you will get under the Printers section.
- After that, select the “See what’s printing” option from the menu window.
- Next, from the popping up window, click on the Printer tab.
- Then, select “Open As Administrator”.
- Again, click on the Printer tab.
- Next, ensure that the below-said options are not ticked on the window. And if, then uncheck them immediately.
- Pause Printing
- Use Printer Offline
- Now, close the window and then check if your printer is back online.
Method 4: Update your Printer Driver
If all the above methods did not help you to get rid of the Brother printer offline problem, in that case, update your printer driver. This is another effective method to fix the issue. So, let’s start.
- At first, open the Run bar window. Press the Windows and the letter R key at a time.
- Next, in the Run bar enter devmgmt.msc.
- After that, click on the OK button or hit the Enter key. This will get you the Device Manager window on the screen.
- Now, under the Device Manager window, scroll down to the Printers option and double-click on it to expand.
- Further, under the Printers expanded options, right-click on the Brother printer driver.
- And then, from the Menu window, select the “Update Driver Software” option. This will open up the “How do you want to search for drivers?” window with the options as follows:
- Search automatically for updated driver software
- Browse my computer for driver software
- Select the “Search automatically for updated driver software” link. This will start browsing the internet to get the latest update for your Brother printer.
- Download the latest update for your Brother printer driver and then follow the on-screen instructions to install.
- As the latest driver gets installed for your Brother printer, restart both the printer, network device and the computer.
- Lastly, try to print a document to ensure that the printer offline issue gets resolved.
All these are the effective workarounds to fix the printer offline issue of the Brother printer. Hopefully, after trying the above methods, you have successfully solved the issue.
For any more queries regarding the Brother printer offline fix, you can contact a printer expert.