If you are an HP user and using the printing device of it at your office or home, then you might have noticed the HP printer in error state.
This type of error comes from the origin of internal system faults like a misconfiguration of the device or the faulty cable and connections.
At some point, this error also occurs because of bad print spooler service or due to corrupted or outdated drivers.
It’s true that resolving this type of error is quite complicated that requires specific computer skills and knowledge.
But, if you are fresher to the world of eliminating this type of printer error, then here we have shared all the basic solutions for you.
Hassle-Free Solutions to Fix HP Printer In Error State
Here, we have shared all the premium solutions to recover the HP printer from its error state.
Method 1: Verify the HP Printer’s Connection Manually
If the printer is not arranged in a proper way or is misconfigured, then it will not allow the printer to work.
Here are some of the steps to check the printer’s connectivity.
- First, you need to check all the cable connections whether they are connected properly. If they are not, reconnect them and see if it works.
- Next, check the internet connections as well and you need to set a proper internet connection to check if this works.
- You can also try a different cable to see if the issue is now fixed.
After checking all the connections properly, if still, the printer is not working, then try some other methods.
Method 2: Update the USB Drivers for your HP Printer
USB drivers might be one of the major causes for your HP printer to be in error state.
Hence, you need to update the USB drivers in order to eliminate this error state issue. To update the USB drivers manually, go through the steps, we have shared below.
- Open the Run window either from the Windows Search panel or by pressing the Windows+R key directly.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” into the box and tap the Enter key.
- When you are prompted for the administrative password, simply type the password and hit the Enter key again.
- After that, expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers option from the right side on the Device Manager screen.
- Now, find the USB port driver option with the name and chipset and then right-click on it.
- Select the Update Driver Software option from the list and it will automatically redirect you to the internet.
- Select the Download Now button from the very bottom and wait until the download is successful. Click the Install Now button again from the bottom.
- After that, click on the Run button and then the Next option to continue with the process.
- Accept all the terms and conditions and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
Now, when the installation is successfully completed, close all the tabs and restart the computer to see if the error is still there.
Method 3: Restart the Print Spooler Service
If you have turned off the Print Spooler service knowingly or unknowingly, then it will always display the error state notice.
Spooler service is an inbuilt feature in every printing device that allows the printer to communicate between printer and computer.
Hence, you need to start the print spooler service and here are some of the steps to do so.
- Open the Run window and type “services.msc” into the search bar and tap the Enter key.
- When the service page opens on the next screen, locate and double-click on the Print Spooler service option from the list.
- After that, select the Startup Type option from the box and set the status as Running.
- Finally, select the Start option from the bottom and click the Apply button to confirm the task.
After completing all the above steps accurately, close all the tabs and restart the computer to see if the printer is now working as earlier.
If the error is not fixed and the printer still displaying the error, you can try one more solution below.
Method 4: Clear All the Print Jobs from your PC
Print jobs are the affected files that stuck within the internal memory of the computer. These files block the printer completely to work and result in this error to appear.
Therefore, you need to clear the print jobs and here are some steps to do so.
- Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the computer properly.
- Open the Run Window and type “services.msc” into the search panel and tap the enter key.
- When the Service page list opens on the next screen, locate and double-click the print spooler service from the list.
- Select the Stop option from the bottom of the screen and then click the Apply button to save the changes.
- Now, minimize all the open tabs and open the File Explorer by pressing the Windows+E key.
- Copy and paste the following command “%windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS” into the address bar at the top and press Enter.
- Select all the files by pressing Ctrl+A key and then press the Shift+Del key to delete the files.
After successfully deleting all the files, close the tabs and restart the computer.
Hopefully, one of these methods might help you to fix the HP printer in error state.
Finally, if you have any other solutions and suggestions to deal with this error, you can feel free to share your activity here on our website.